AR9mm Finally finished "edit" paint job done.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

AR9mm Finally finished "edit" paint job done.

Post by gds »

I decided to go with AAO 80% Glock Lower with LRBHO.

https://aaomfg.com/80-glock-9mm-lower-lrbho-flat-raw/

KM Tactical 16 inch upper
Foxtrot Mikes 9mm Bolt
Old CAR Stock Painted With same red Engine paint as lower
Firefield Micro Red dot
1/2 x36 to 13/16x16 muzzle brake with sound cover
Also has a extra heavy Buffer, 8.2 oz
Mostly built for fun.
It took a little bit to get the LRBHO to work correctly
Eventually I will paint the upper to match the lower and do some other colors on it.

Got the paint done. Went completely untraditional.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
brutis
Silent Operator

Re: AR9mm Finally finished

Post by brutis »

Looks great Image and it'll be fun!
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Put some flames on that puppy!
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Post by wildfowler »

Awesome!!

My first AR that I bought was a 9 mm using colt magazines. I bought it back shortly after Obama was first elected to office when it was nearly impossible to find anything related to the AR rifle. I wanted a Glock mag version like yours but couldn’t find one.

To this day my 9 mm is still the most favorite rifle I own, so much so that I’ve recently got a second one up and running. A CMMG banshee version.

I’m sure you’ll have fun with yours and if you ever put a silencer on it........ Watch out!
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

My first 9mm AR is a Olympic arm that uses sten Mags.

I can't tell you the thousands upon thousands of round I have put down that gun. And that was before I had the barrel cut down to 10 inches, and then eventually I had it cut down to 6 inches.

I Like it, But always wanted something that used a lighter weight magazine and had a LRBHO.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

rebel wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:53 am Put some flames on that puppy!
I am thinking of something like that.
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sig220 »

gds wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:12 pm My first 9mm AR is a Olympic arm that uses sten Mags.

I can't tell you the thousands upon thousands of round I have put down that gun. And that was before I had the barrel cut down to 10 inches, and then eventually I had it cut down to 6 inches.

I Like it, But always wanted something that used a lighter weight magazine and had a LRBHO.

I still have my Olympic 9mm AR and still love it! Of course, it has to fight for range time from all the other firearms but it stays close to me more then the others do :)

Wondered who had bought the "other" one.....j/k....you would think they only sold about 2 of them, as you never hear them mentioned :lol:
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

Sig220 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:41 pm
gds wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:12 pm My first 9mm AR is a Olympic arm that uses sten Mags.

I still have my Olympic 9mm AR and still love it! Of course, it has to fight for range time from all the other firearms but it stays close to me more then the others do :)

Wondered who had bought the "other" one.....j/k....you would think they only sold about 2 of them, as you never hear them mentioned :lol:
Yeah, there is not a lot of them. Or at least not a lot of talk of them. They are pretty much ignored over the Colt style.
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Post by wildfowler »

That new CMMG banshee I got uses standard Pmags. You buy a spring/follower kit from CMMG and remove the internals from your Pmag shell and replace with the kit. Pretty slick.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

Very nice looking rifle!!!
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."