I think I'm going to give up on DCA

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

SigOwner

I think I'm going to give up on DCA

Post by SigOwner »

I really wanted a 300 BLK upper (Delta-43 with a few changes made to it) when I get back from deployment, but after over a month of multiple contact attempts (via website, email, an PM on multiple forums) I think I'll just go with somebody else unless I hear something soon.

I don't have phone access to call Jamie, and he doesn't respond to emails to answer the questions I have regarding a customized Delta-43 upper. Is there any way to get in contact with anybody that isn't via phone? I just want to discuss a different barrel, rail, & gas-block...
FarmerTed1971
Silent But Deadly

Re: I think I'm going to give up on DCA

Post by FarmerTed1971 »

I waited about 4 months. Have yet to complete the build.
rockrivershooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockrivershooter »

I was talking to aaron back in July and he promised me a 6.5" barrel. He promised since I was talking to him before he had Arkansas sportsman take over orders that I could still get the barrel from him. Aaron also told me my barrel would be ready in 2 weeks and told me to call back. I waited 3 weeks and called he told me a couple more weeks so since then I have yet to here anything no answers or anything. Then I call Arkansas sportsman and told him everything I get sorry 6.5" bbl is only going to be offered in complete uppers now and there's a 8-10 month wait. So Ive completely given up its totally unacceptable so I've got someone else now.
Last edited by rockrivershooter on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randolph

Post by Randolph »

I was going to order a side charger 300BLK from him but after reading the issues here went with an AAC instead (Noveske was out of stock when I was ready :p)

DCA really needs to get its act together, Im still interested in ordering from them, but not until they are better organized...
rockrivershooter
Silent But Deadly

Yeah I 8-10 months is pretty much unacceptable in my eyes looks like they need to stop taking orders and get caught up
rockrivershooter
Silent But Deadly

I live a couple hours from their shop I've thought about driving up there and say what the heck you promised me a barrel back in July
aquajon

Post by aquajon »

I bought a Noveske barrel from Rainier Arms. They shipped same day I ordered.
SigOwner

Post by SigOwner »

The price difference between the DCA & Noveske etc is pretty steep... It would be nice to get through to DCA because I can't use it for a while anyways so I don't mind a wait, I just want to make sure I'm on the list...

Surely DCA can find a few more guys to work for them can't they?
aquajon

Post by aquajon »

SigOwner wrote:The price difference between the DCA & Noveske etc is pretty steep...
Bird in the hand will lead a horse to water, or something like that...
C2_Drew
Silent But Deadly

Post by C2_Drew »

rockrivershooter wrote:I was talking to aaron back in July and he promised me a 6.5" barrel he promised since I was talking to him before he had Arkansas sportsman take over orders that I could still get the barrel from him he told me my barrel would be ready in 2 weeks and told me to call back so i waited 3 weeks and called he told me a couple more weeks so since then I have yet to here anything no answers or anything so i call Arkansas sportsman and told him everything I get sorry 6.5" bbl is only going to be offered in complete uppers now and there's a 8-10 month wait. So Ive completely given up its totally unacceptable so I've got someone else now.
How about throwing us a couple of periods every once in a while! :P

Seriously, though, that sounds terrible! I'd have to give up on that one as well.
Designing the legacy systems of tomorrow, today!