I think I'm going to give up on DCA

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Notar
Silent But Deadly

Re: I think I'm going to give up on DCA

Post by Notar »

I know they are super busy, but I'll still wait for more of their barrels. I just got a 6x45 from DCA(very nice finish), if it shoots 1/2 as good as the 223 Wylde 14.5 I have of there's, I'll be extremely happy. I'll have the 6x45 built up in a few weeks, and I can't wait to try it on some Wyoming Prairie dogs.

I've waited, and I've got GREAT barrels from them, and I have no issues about the price point.

I have more barrels on Order, in time I get them. :)

I don't think the heavy volume of Blackout demand has peaked either.
snipecatcher
Silent But Deadly

Post by snipecatcher »

Notar wrote:I know they are super busy, but I'll still wait for more of their barrels. I just got a 6x45 from DCA(very nice finish), if it shoots 1/2 as good as the 223 Wylde 14.5 I have of there's, I'll be extremely happy. I'll have the 6x45 built up in a few weeks, and I can't wait to try it on some Wyoming Prairie dogs.

I've waited, and I've got GREAT barrels from them, and I have no issues about the price point.

I have more barrels on Order, in time I get them. :)

I don't think the heavy volume of Blackout demand has peaked either.
I agree with your experiences. My barrel was flawless in machining, and shoots fine. I waited a little while to get it, but it was worth the wait. Plus if you can ever get ahold of Aaron, he is a first rate good guy, and I enjoy giving him my business.

Regards,
-Dan
bp_968
Senior Silent Operator

Post by bp_968 »

Hate to say it but looks like he needs to raise prices. You do volume or "high end". His stuff sounds nice enough he could do a price increase and decrease his volume, but keeping his income or increasing it. When a business is only you or only you and your wife and you don't want to hire employees your left with few choices once you hit your Max volume. You can hire employees and increase volume thus increase income, or you can increase prices until it impacts your volume. Once your where you want your volume to be you stop increasing prices. When volume increases again, you raise prices again.

Sooner or later you become a "premium" barrel vendor and people gladdy wait in line for your 500$ barrels. The HK smiths figured that out years ago ;)
-----------------------------

This space for rent.
snipecatcher
Silent But Deadly

Post by snipecatcher »

bp_968 wrote:Hate to say it but looks like he needs to raise prices. You do volume or "high end". His stuff sounds nice enough he could do a price increase and decrease his volume, but keeping his income or increasing it. When a business is only you or only you and your wife and you don't want to hire employees your left with few choices once you hit your Max volume. You can hire employees and increase volume thus increase income, or you can increase prices until it impacts your volume. Once your where you want your volume to be you stop increasing prices. When volume increases again, you raise prices again.

Sooner or later you become a "premium" barrel vendor and people gladdy wait in line for your 500$ barrels. The HK smiths figured that out years ago ;)
I agree with this. I would definitely raise the prices just a bit. The quality you are producing is worth it. I'd pay more.
-Dan