2 questions...

Discussion about 5.56mm ARs

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Hi-Speed
Senior Silent Operator

Re: 2 questions...

Post by Hi-Speed »

pase' doble wrote::shock: What have I started.....
I mean, ultimately, you sat off to garner an answer from the masses. "Well, allow me to retort!" (free lifetime access to this site for the first person to reply with correct movie reference).

Your question, although reasonable, is not exactly relevant. Even if it were, the applicability would be non-existent. I'll explain....

This question, much like the terminal effects of the 5.56 NATO cartridge, are limited in nature. Which is to say, there is a proverbial cap to the end-state (read: answer.) The formulas offered in this string of no doubt intelligent replies are mathematically sound. However kind sir, what they are not is a solution to any pragmatic approach to problem solving. The answer you seek is actually quite simple, albeit understated.

All you need to know is the following:

Effectiveness = [75(A)*2(D)*2(C)] where A=1B/1, D = K+1 (phonetic value), and C=4k/4

So, the answer to any problem requiring "effectiveness" (which HAS to be the common denominator associated with your question or any variation thereof) is...300BLK

So, as you see, 7 is not the answer but it IS a possibility if considering options for length of effectiveness administration.

James
Most people respect the badge. Everyone respects the gun.
danner
Silent But Deadly

Post by danner »

The answer to the second question depends on what the definition of "is" is. :mrgreen:
Someone who is ruled by the "discretion" of another is, to that extent, a slave.
tedscissors
Silent But Deadly

Post by tedscissors »

Hi-Speed wrote:
pase' doble wrote::shock: What have I started.....
I mean, ultimately, you sat off to garner an answer from the masses. ). "Well, allow me to retort!" (free lifetime access to this site for the first person to reply with correct movie reference

Your question, although reasonable, is not exactly relevant. Even if it were, the applicability would be non-existent. I'll explain....

This question, much like the terminal effects of the 5.56 NATO cartridge, are limited in nature. Which is to say, there is a proverbial cap to the end-state (read: answer.) The formulas offered in this string of no doubt intelligent replies are mathematically sound. However kind sir, what they are not is a solution to any pragmatic approach to problem solving. The answer you seek is actually quite simple, albeit understated.

All you need to know is the following:

Effectiveness = [75(A)*2(D)*2(C)] where A=1B/1, D = K+1 (phonetic value), and C=4k/4

So, the answer to any problem requiring "effectiveness" (which HAS to be the common denominator associated with your question or any variation thereof) is...300BLK

So, as you see, 7 is not the answer but it IS a possibility if considering options for length of effectiveness administration.

James

Jules Winfield in "Pulp Fiction" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hi-Speed
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hi-Speed »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Answered!!!

James
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Sir... what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
Hi-Speed
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hi-Speed »

It's nudey magazine day!!!!!!!!!
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

If there is any attempt for either contestant to cheat, especially with my wife, who is a dirty, dirty, tramp, I am just gonna snap. Do I make myself clear?
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
Hi-Speed
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hi-Speed »

That Veronica Vaughan is one nice piece of Ace...you know what I mean?

(Seriously though, she was bangin' in that movie.)

James

PS: I don't even remember what this thread is about w/o looking... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Swat50
Silent But Deadly

Post by Swat50 »

Always cut the red wire. Unless there are 2.
16" Sota arms upper W/ Adams piston, 80% lower.
AAC H&R single shot.
16" MGM barreled Contender.
Ruger American Ranch.
16" SS Sota Arms upper, For Sale.
That's just the 300 AAC 's
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.