Just in case the political winds start to shift.

Discussion about 5.56mm ARs

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Just in case the political winds start to shift.

Post by rlandry6 »

The more controversy Trump stirs up and the more noise the Liberals make, the more I'm starting to worry about the mid-terms. This might be a good time to build that next AR, or at least pick up a lower and stash away for a rainy day.
I'm working on my next build now. I ordered a DPMS Sweet 16 from Optic Planet. Picked ip an Andersom lower and parts for the build are starting to trickle in. I already have two ARs, one in .223 and one in 300 Blackout, and a RPR in 6.5 Creedmore. Everything is scoped and I wanted a short barrel(16" SS Bull) with a red dot and magnifier, Found a good deal on the upper as well as the Vortex Red Dot & Magnifier.
Now I need to pack up on primers and bullets.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
AggieJim
Silent Operator

Re: Just in case the political winds start to shift.

Post by AggieJim »

This is the most divided that I have seen the nation in my lifetime.

In my county here in Texas it is very conservative however that is not the case in the rest of the state. The urban areas tend toward being liberal, especially in Austin.

On your choice, I think it is intelligent. We have no clue what will transpire in November.

My suggestion is simple.

1. Hope for the best
2. Pray for a good outcome in November
3. Prepare for the worst contingencies
MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by MMA10mm »

I'm good on guns. It's ammo to be ordered...
Mike7.62
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mike7.62 »

IMO you need to stock up on virtually everything related to firearms, including ammunition. There is a civil war brewing, and the opposition want us dead. Period. They have no interest in "dialogue" or debate, and unless you adhere to their ideologies, you are someone to be eliminated. This is what we are facing:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09- ... e-toppling

I realize that he looks ridiculous in his little red bandanna, but these guys have shown their willingness to engage in physical violence, and they are exactly like the Communist fellow travelers and useful idiots that Lenin et al used to overthrow the Russian monarchy. Given a little push, they will engage in open warfare. We need to be prepared to counter that, as the authorities in many locales refuse to do so, and having deep supplies of arms and ammunition are but one aspect of that preparation. Training and organization are some others. Si vis pacem, para bellum.
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

And, ammunition also refers to reloading supplies. The Libs know they can't remove the hundreds of millions of firearms out there, but what they can do is make reloading supplies, either unaffordable or unavailable through government regulation. They attempted this in Kalifornia with the ammo tax. Plus, any shift in the political winds at all is going to trigger another round of panic buying. I think we can count on that. That's why I opted to build another AR even though I don't really need it. Now I just need to start stocking up.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

thankfully bullets, primers, brass and powder rarely expire when stored properly. :wink:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Roverhound
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Roverhound »

Conservatives that don't vote, vote liberal.