Hiperfire triggers

Discussion about 5.56mm ARs

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Hiperfire triggers

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Let me start out by saying I am a trigger snob. I have ALWAYS done my own triggers to ensure they were EXACTLY what I want. I can easily create sub 3 pound AR triggers with zero creep and very little over travel. I do triggers on my pistols, my rifles as well as my shotguns.

Over the years I have tried all kinds of triggers. Gieselle, RRA as well as dozens of other brands. Some I liked and some I hated.

When Hiperfire triggers first hit the market I was intrigued and understood the concept. Being a trigger guy I understood how it worked and why it did what it did. But I held off because I felt it was too young of a design yet.

Well about a month ago I decided I was going to buy a Hiperfire. I looked at the various models and settled on the 24 3G version. It has the least amount of take up as well as the lightest trigger pull. It was also on sale for $149 and that was appealing because I was not going to buy their $250 "competition" trigger.

The trigger is similar to a standard milspec trigger but it has two additional coil springs that counter the hammer springs weight when cocked. This removes the weight on the sear, reducing the friction and the break weight. But as the hammer falls the coil spring toggle over center and apply additional force to the hammer to ensure consistent ignition of the primer. It installs just like any milspec trigger and requires to fitting or adjustment to get it to work. And even without the coil springs installed it is a nice trigger although a bit heavy.

It comes with three sets of coil springs used to adjust the break weight. The heavier the coil spring the lighter the trigger pull. I say break weight because there is very little "pull". The coil springs allow for 2, 3 and 4 pound pulls. And because it uses a pair I assume it is completely possible to use different springs in the pair to fine tune it even more. Add a 3 pound coil and a 2 pound coil to give a 2.5 pound pull. Perhaps I will try it to see if it is possible.

We suffice to say I am impressed. I installed the heaviest coil springs, giving it the lightest break, and it is the best trigger I have ever pulled. I actually thought something was wrong because it felt so good. It is an amazing trigger, both in feel and function. Replacing the coil springs, to adjust break weight, is a 30 second job that requires no tools. And because the coil springs add force to the hammer strike the hit is much harder. The trigger I have is supposed to be 2.5 pounds but I seriously doubt it is above 2 pounds.

I liked the first trigger so much I have bought a second. I installed the first in a billet and the second in an Anderson and there is no difference in pull weights. The manufacturing tolerances do not affect the pull weight or feel of these triggers.

If you are looking for a Hiperfire buy it from Joe Bob Outfitters, they have the 3G on sale for $149.

Here is a chart of the differences, those are Hiperfire prices. Joe Bob has them SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper and worth every penny.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
trabikoenig
Silent Operator

Re: Hiperfire triggers

Post by trabikoenig »

I have owned a Hiperfire 243G for a little over a year now and I have absolutely loved it. I've got it on an 8" suppressed 300BLK right now. I've never had any issue with it and agree that installation and changing of the springs is an easy task. Well worth the money.
We believe that all men are justified in defending themselves ... from the unlawful assaults and encroachments of all persons in times of exigency - D&C 134:11
Scratch
Silent But Deadly

Post by Scratch »

I've had the 24C for about a year and love it also!
Wanderson

Post by Wanderson »

I picked up a 24E on Black Friday last year for a 7.62x39 AR, really wasn’t looking for an Uber light trigger, just something with more hammer force that has a better pull than a GI single stage with a Wolff xtra power spring to touch off all this surplus M67 I have stockpiled.

I also picked up a Geissele 2 stage enhanced (B-G2S-E) at the same time for a 5.56. Both are great triggers but after a year, I’m a little more impressed with the 24E.
bamashooter

Post by bamashooter »

I too was intrigued by the "toggle spring" concept there I bit. I've had the 24C for over a year now on my little M&P 15-22. Runs flawlessly, no light strikes, and appears very well built. Purchased early November 2017. Got it on sale from Primary Arms for 179.99. Arrived in 2 days. I installed the heavy (gray) toggle springs. Using both a digital and mechanical pull gauge, mine averages between 1.5 lbs - 1.75 lbs live-fired. Pre-travel is pretty much nonexistent and reset is there of course but you'd never know it. Very impressed with it. Strikes fear in nighttime armadillos and such. :lol: