Just wondering?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, Dolomite_Supafly

gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: Just wondering?

Post by gds »

gunfan2 wrote:An oddity to say the least! Might just have been a funky barrel!
after examining this as thoroughly as I could, to include having the manufacturer look at it. I really don't know. I lean towards a bad barrel. But can admit, that I am biased against Black hole weaponry, because of my dealings with the owner over this. Upon my initial contact with him. I only present the facts and lead with it could have been something I did. in dealing with him, he was less then pleasant, and would not even entertain the possibility of a defective barrel. All he did was talk up how brilliant he was because of his barrel design. To include telling me that his barrels were so good because they would still work great with the exact scenario I had :roll:

One of his technicians that examined the barrel was more pleasant to talk to, but his "answer" was the cast bullets, not the powder coated ones, but plain cast and lubed could have been the culprit, again :roll:

my conventionally rifled 300blk barrels have no issues, after thousands of rounds of cast, powder coated and jacketed. So there is that.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

N2130N wrote:What little I know about polygonal rifling & cast is that they do not get along at all. I started casting for my old Sig P220 .45 & in a few mags the leading was enormous! Then I read that my old Sig had polygonal rifling.

At first I thought that I had deposited so much lead as to fill in the shallow valleys. but that was later proven to be not the case.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
gunfan2
Silent Operator

Post by gunfan2 »

I certainly appreciate everyone, especially gds, kicking in their opinion. I'm not going to let that stop me from shooting all the cast I can through my ARs and RRR!
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

gunfan2 wrote:I certainly appreciate everyone, especially gds, kicking in their opinion. I'm not going to let that stop me from shooting all the cast I can through my ARs and RRR!
I shoot more cast then anything else. in every caliber I can load for.
gunfan2
Silent Operator

Post by gunfan2 »

I am picking up a 45 acp upper for my SBR tomorrow, it should be a great cast bullet shooter, and a good prospect for a can. It will make a good companion for my 300 Blackout!