score - free lead!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, Dolomite_Supafly

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

score - free lead!

Post by plant.one »

i lucked out today, was at my chiro and the know i'm a shooter - they're all gun guys there so we get alone well - and last week we were discussing making bullets. one thing lead to another and they mentioned the X-ray room and of course i was like 'ya if ya'll ever move out of this building' .... and that i'd love to find an old dr's office getting torn down to salvage the lining from (wouldn't we all!)

so when i popped in today to get tuned up, he mentions 'dont forget to remind me, but i have something for you before you leave today'

turns out they had ~50-60 lbs of lead sheeting scraps left from when they setup their x-ray room years ago, just hanging out down in the basement doing nothing.

which is now hanging out in my garage waiting for spring to get here to get smelted into ingots :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: score - free lead!

Post by bangbangping »

Free lead shoots better than any other kind.
BlackLight
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BlackLight »

Once scored over 600 lbs of pure lead from old telephone line sheathing. Still have some of it. Cut it free with an air shear
Lefties are members of a suicide cult who want to compel your membership
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

plant.one wrote:i lucked out today, was at my chiro and the know i'm a shooter - they're all gun guys there so we get alone well - and last week we were discussing making bullets. one thing lead to another and they mentioned the X-ray room and of course i was like 'ya if ya'll ever move out of this building' .... and that i'd love to find an old dr's office getting torn down to salvage the lining from (wouldn't we all!)

so when i popped in today to get tuned up, he mentions 'dont forget to remind me, but i have something for you before you leave today'

turns out they had ~50-60 lbs of lead sheeting scraps left from when they setup their x-ray room years ago, just hanging out down in the basement doing nothing.

which is now hanging out in my garage waiting for spring to get here to get smelted into ingots :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Damn, you're doing all right! First brass, and now lead. You need to score some free powder and primers and you'll be all set!

I'm going to my chiro today. It is a husband and wife and he's an avid NFA tax collector and shooter. She makes me see her 'cuz if I see him, he and I start talking and then he has to go buy something new. I'll ask if they have any extra lead lying about in case you run out.
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly

Post by TreeTopFlier »

Nice score!
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier