novice questions - POWDER COATING

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, Dolomite_Supafly

Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Re: novice questions - POWDER COATING

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

I have only used HF red and that was short lived. The PBTP powders I use are base colors and not metallic so I should be fine.

Looks like the flat powders might be wearing the bores.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: novice questions - POWDER COATING

Post by gds »

are you referring to that thread on castboolits.com? the guy with the glock 19?

I'm suspicious of the flat black powder coating being the problem. I mean I suppose it could be. And not suggesting the guy is making up the problem. however I would think by now with as many people that have been doing this, that if it was the flat black powder, we would have had a lot more people reporting the same problem. Some guys shoot thousands of rounds a month.

Being as how gun owners and especially reloaders can tend to be cheap :oops: I would think that the harbor freight flat black is probably the most purchased and used powder. granted that would only be my opinion, so with that and a $1 you can get a McDonald's ice tea.

I am watching and waiting to see if anyone else shows the same problem. I know I checked my guns that have been shot mostly with the flat black, and while I did not cast the chamber, i am not seeing any appreciable wear nor have I seen any decrease in accuracy. now grant you my high round count powder coat shooter is my AAC model 7, followed by a FEG 9mm and a commander 1911, then a my 2 300 blk
ARs.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in