Why so much crying about PSA?

Moderators: gds, PalmettoStateArmory

DRZ-400S
Senior Silent Operator

Why so much crying about PSA?

Post by DRZ-400S »

I have had nothing but, good luck with them. Bought two blem 308 lowers and one AR15 lower. I couldn't find any blemish on them. People say they are slow at shipping, everything I have ordered has been shipped and received within a week and a half, I don't find that slow! I don't have to call them to order just click and buy. All the FFL info is on their web site. BTW ...I read and hear that their 308 lowers will not work with after market triggers....I have used Hyperfire and RRA NM with no problems. Maybe I am just lucky :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Their uppers are accurate and have had 0 feeding or ejecting issues.
One Good Shot Is All I Need.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Re: Why so much crying about PSA?

Post by TMD »

In today's world people buy online today and expect it to be delivered yesterday. For the longest time PSA was a bit smaller of a company and only shipped once a week. They even posted this on their website. I've used them many times and never had an issue. I look at it this way, if you need something immediately then look elsewhere. If you can wait a week or so then they are a great company to deal with.
Nic56
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nic56 »

I have no problem paying much less for a quality product and waiting a little while longer than normal. But, they have been shipping out pretty fast lately. I have no doubt that they have taken notice of the complaints online and done something about it.

All my orders within the last few months have been shipped to me in about a week. I don't think that is very long to wait.
300BLK AR-15 with 10.5" Noveske barrel (1:7 pistol length gas)

300BLK 16" AAC Handi Rifle (1:7 twist)

300BLK 16" AR-15 with 16" PSA FN barrel upper (1:8 pistol length gas)
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

...no personal experience with PSA, but I do know others that have and it's all been positive.

...the "instant gratification" attitude seems to be prevalent in many of the negative online posts, for ALL manufacturers and products.

...experience & expertise levels of the posters are suspect, many expectations of the products performance may be unrealistic, i.e., a pistol length barrel isn't the proper choice for 1000M performance and ground shipment will take at least 24-48 hours minimum even if you live within the same state (pick up coordination, vehicle travel time, etc.)

...the internet allows for so much anonymity that ANY post should be taken with a grain of salt.
FOB
Silent But Deadly

Post by FOB »

I have purchased several items, returned one, no problems at all. Good quality too.
At the prices they charge you're not going to get a rep on the phone in 5 seconds, an instant email verification, or next-day shipping.

Very happy w/PSA.
InMyHumbleOpinion
Silent But Deadly

Post by InMyHumbleOpinion »

I have purchased things from PSA and they are delivered in a timely manner. My biggest problem is that I tend to buy on Friday after hours so the clock does not start ticking till Monday.
tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Post by tfbit »

I've had no problems with multiple orders from PSA. They also had stuff and didn't gouge post SH.
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
Nic56
Silent But Deadly

Post by Nic56 »

I will say, if I had to cry about PSA, I hate the way they put their blemished lowers on sale, but then charge $9.00 each to ship. :x

My only other gripe at the moment is I wish all their barreled uppers weren't all 1:7 twist. I have been thinking about a 20" 5.56 upper with A2 sight, but it is a 1:7 twist. I would rather have a 1:9, maybe 1:8.
300BLK AR-15 with 10.5" Noveske barrel (1:7 pistol length gas)

300BLK 16" AAC Handi Rifle (1:7 twist)

300BLK 16" AR-15 with 16" PSA FN barrel upper (1:8 pistol length gas)
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

TMD wrote:In today's world people buy online today and expect it to be delivered yesterday. For the longest time PSA was a bit smaller of a company and only shipped once a week. They even posted this on their website. I've used them many times and never had an issue. I look at it this way, if you need something immediately then look elsewhere. If you can wait a week or so then they are a great company to deal with.
Exactly. Have said the same thing in previous threads about PSA.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

I have had some pretty pokey shipping from them, but I've been buying from them for years, so I knew that was the trade off for the money I was saving. I suppose if you're used to some of the stinky fast online suppliers and don't know PSA's style you could get cranky about it, but a thread requesting info vs. a thread boohooing about it would be the way to go. Hell, that'd pretty much always be the way to go with any thread.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.