240 Group Buy Interst moved Mods Please DELETE This thread!

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the new products / good deals area, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, tba02

IdahoFireman
Silent But Deadly

240 Group Buy Interst moved Mods Please DELETE This thread!

Post by IdahoFireman »

After an astounding amount of interest in the sale of the "blems" that we had, it got me thinking of doing a group buy for the 240 grain coated bullet that we offer. Just as an intro, My partner and I own and operate a small casting company (Leatherhead Bullets LLC), that until recently, primarily catered to our local shooters. This is a side business for us, as we are both career firefighters for our local municipality. We are a type 6 FFL, and have been selling for about a year now. We use only certified 2-6-92 alloy, and cast on Magma Bullet Master machines. Our website will be up and running soon, but we do have a Facebook page. Our blackout boolit is cast from the Accurate 240E mold set and coated with the Hi-Tech coating. They have proven to function quite well.

We currently offer our blackout bullets in a case of 1900 ct. at $266 plus shipping. If we can round up enough interested parties, We would be willing to eat the shipping costs, making the price per bullet a mere $0.14 each. This is basically what we just sold our blems for. We would like to have a minumum run of 60K or 32 cases. Orders within the GB less than a case (1900) would still get the $.014 per bullet base price, but would have to take care of the shipping. Time frame to delivery would depend on time to fill and collect on the GB. Since this is on top of our normal operation, it would likely be 6-8 weeks after closure of the GB.

Let me know what you think. If there is enough interest, we are scheduled to make another lead order towards the middle of this month.

Thanks,
Chris
Leatherhead Bullets LLC.
5 shot, 50 yard group out of a 10 1/2" Norveske upper.
Image Image
Last edited by IdahoFireman on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Group Buy Interest of Hi-Tech Coated 240 grain Bullets.

Post by randyrucker »

Do those leave lead in the barrel or suppressor ?
IdahoFireman
Silent But Deadly

Post by IdahoFireman »

In all of our test applications, I have yet to see anything but shinny barrels and clean cans. The bullets (boolits) are totally encapsulated by the polymer coating. I have tested this coating in multiple calibers, including a .44 mag carbine at 1850 fps with no leading issues and great accuracy.
If anyone else has experience with coated bullets, please feel free to comment.

Thanks,

Chris
Dystaxia
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dystaxia »

Yeah, Hi-Tek is great! I use it on my 9mm, 45acp and my 300BLK. Love the stuff!

If you get bored, you can start reading the 3700+ posts on the subject over at Cast-Boolits:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... ek-coating
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

Dystaxia wrote:Yeah, Hi-Tek is great! I use it on my 9mm, 45acp and my 300BLK. Love the stuff!

If you get bored, you can start reading the 3700+ posts on the subject over at Cast-Boolits:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... ek-coating

Yea I might try that tonight instead of counting sheep...
polizei1
Silent But Deadly

Post by polizei1 »

If I can garnish some money in the next month or two, I would definitely be interested.

For comparison, the only other coated 300blk bullet to MY knowledge readily available is Missouri's 245gr at $0.16/ea shipped.
lndncr2

Post by lndncr2 »

I'd be in for couple of hundred to try out. Know it is small quanity but, hope interest will build up
vz58
Silent But Deadly

Post by vz58 »

I just received 2 boxes of the blems. I was very pleased with the box I opened. All the ones I looked at were nicely cast and even the "blem" coating looked fine.

Can't wait until you get a Web site going and.....HINT HINT. 140 - 150gr blackout boolits.
afshirt
Silent But Deadly

Post by afshirt »

Definitely interested. I've been looking at these heavy coated cast bullets for a while now since my can is still in ATF jail. My barrel is a 7.5 inch 1/8 twist Mas Defense and I have been reading about potential stability issues with the heavy rounds and a 1/8 twist. Does anyone have any experience with these bullets and a short barreled 1/8 twist rifle? If baffle strikes are not an issue then Im in.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA pistol, rifle, shotgun, Refuse to be a Victim
NRA Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home
Full time instructor with Florida Firearms Training
IdahoFireman
Silent But Deadly

Post by IdahoFireman »

vz58,

The 140-150 grn bullets will happen soon! I will be starting a thread on here soon with the same idea of a Group Buy to get them rolling. If anyone has some "have to haves" in a mid-weight bullet, please let me know. We will be having the molds cut soon.

afshirt,

The shortest that I have shot them out of personally is the 10 1/2" with a 1-7 twist. I am sure that someone has had to have sent some down range. My upper has a 16" 1-8.