Converted 300BO from 223/556 - mixed headstamp - VERY SHINY

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the new products / good deals area, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, tba02

hntbambi

Re: Converted 300BO from 223/556 - mixed headstamp - VERY SHINY

Post by hntbambi »

Sir,
I am interested in purchasing some brass from you. PM sent.
Snozzelquaf

Post by Snozzelquaf »

BUYERS BEWARE

A little disclaimer, I have no malice intent towards a individual trying to sell whats advertised, but these don't came as advertised.

I first enquired about a 1k converted brass from laxman, with a quick reply he indicated they would cost more than advertised, cheeky. Then indicated about a weeks worth of lead time, no problem, one week later I hadn't heard anything so I had followed up with him. Laxman indicated another week would be required, for what im not sure.

Out of nowhere I was reimbursed a partial amount and the cost per round went up a negligible amount yes but yet again, cheeky. Instead of the 1k we had a verbal agreement on i ended up getting 635 pieces of garbage.

They were manufactured below SAAMI specifications. They were tumbled with the pimers in once it seems, and were not swaged so now I have to deal with a ton of crimps!

I would have been better off dealing with an honest person/company as now I'm pressed to pyrchase a swagger if I want to use this brass. They were oxidized from a lack of drying after a wet tumble that left less than satisfactory surface finishes. After I tumbled in a corncob media they looked adequate..

After trying to contact the gentleman almost two weeks ago, about possibly purchasing un preped brass from him, no returns or reimbursement, just a opportunity to buy brass i could make right... no response. It appears ive been ghosted

I am writing this in hope to use this platform as intended, leaving a honest review of the products advertised herein. I am less than pleased but atleast he didnt just take my money right. Well this is the kind of service one may expect, and I hope he doesn't represent the lot of you. :roll:

Best of luck,
Quaf
"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-Benjamin Franklin
jlwilliams
Silent Operator

Post by jlwilliams »

Is the op still here? I posted and PMed weeks ago. Is this a dead thread?
Snozzelquaf

Post by Snozzelquaf »

To further expand on just what im talking about in regards to my claims above, please see the images of the brass received. I had tumbled some of that same brass for a clear cross examination.

http://imgur.com/gallery/RLwpq0Z

I apologize I failed to attached these in my original post.

-Snozz
"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-Benjamin Franklin