Wilson Combat 300 Blackout 16" Barrel - Gas System

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the new products / good deals area, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, tba02

smatranga

Wilson Combat 300 Blackout 16" Barrel - Gas System

Post by smatranga »

I was one of the earlier buyers of the 16" Barrel from Wilson Combat. At first I was having cycling issues with my handloads. Without really knowing, I was talking to one of the helpful people at Wilson today. While looking on their site, their 16" barrel notes a pistol length gas system. I checked my rifle and it came with a carbine length gas system. The person told me that as a result of some extensive testing by Bill Wilson, they made a change and shortened the gas system. While I was disgruntled with the reasons why the gun was not cycling, they offered to swap out the barrel for me. I had just a few rounds in it.
You can't go wrong buying from Wilson Combat. They stand behind their products and have great customer service!
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Re: Wilson Combat 300 Blackout 16" Barrel - Gas System

Post by Sig220 »

Wonder if the gas hole is undersized? But that is good customer service!

I have two 16" 300BO's and never had trouble with them cycling with my handloads. I don't load max often most of my loads are pretty tame!
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Wilson Combat 300 Blackout 16" Barrel - Gas System

Post by dellet »

smatranga wrote:I was one of the earlier buyers of the 16" Barrel from Wilson Combat. At first I was having cycling issues with my handloads. Without really knowing, I was talking to one of the helpful people at Wilson today. While looking on their site, their 16" barrel notes a pistol length gas system. I checked my rifle and it came with a carbine length gas system. The person told me that as a result of some extensive testing by Bill Wilson, they made a change and shortened the gas system. While I was disgruntled with the reasons why the gun was not cycling, they offered to swap out the barrel for me. I had just a few rounds in it.
You can't go wrong buying from Wilson Combat. They stand behind their products and have great customer service!
While this is excellent customer service, it was not from extensive testing that they came to the conclusion that the gas system should be shortened.

The real reason is they got tired of arguing with customers that the problem is not the barrel. It was easier to discontinue the product.

A properly set up lower for a 16” carbine gas barrel works wonderful. The problem is generally improper subsonic handloads, complicated with too heavy of buffer.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.