SO, which is it?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

cdakers
Senior Silent Operator

Re: SO, which is it?

Post by cdakers »

I think it's more like a Blackout that will shoot Whisper. I purchased the M&P15T upper in 300 BLK in December, and have had nothing but excellent results shooting both. The chamber is a little on the tight side and is not very forgiving of brass that is not exactly to spec, but if it passes the gauge it runs like a charm. Very happy with my purchase.
modernhistorian

Re: SO, which is it?

Post by modernhistorian »

I shoot mine only with the suppressor, and it cycles perfectly with supersonic, and nearly so with subsonic. For super, I use surplus M80 (145 gr.) over 17.4 gr. of H110. This gives average velocity of 2023 with SD as low as 6 and 1-1.5 moa. That's me, not the best shot at 62 with nerve damage in my right arm; the rifle does better in the hands of my USMC son. Subsonic, I use Sierra MK (220 gr.) over 11.2 gr. of A1680. Average velocity is 1119 but SD is 21 and the group opens up more. Brass is once-fired Lake City that is already trimmed for blackout. I've also shot the expensive Remington 220 gr. factory loads, with velocity of 986, but SD is 31 and accuracy is no better.

I'm very happy with my S&W, and even more so with the titanium suppressor. The loudest sound is the action. I use it also on a Remington 700 with .308 hand-loads, and on a Ruger MKIII .22 caliber. That one goes tick, tick, tick!