Awesome BLK barrel 3 years and counting.

Moderators: gds, WilsonCombatRep

TygerAR

Awesome BLK barrel 3 years and counting.

Post by TygerAR »

Just to give you my background, I am the originator of this post

viewtopic.php?f=141&t=79310

Without a doubt, a very successful load.

3 years with the barrel and handguard, shooting the Sierra 125 and Hornady 110 A-Max. The picture from that post has long been deleted, but it was a picture of three, 3 shot groups all smaller than a quarter from 100 yards. I hang out at a lot of forums but don't see enough people talking about or recommending Wilson Combat 300BLK products. Everyone seems to be wanting/recommending cheaper, more lesser known companies. What people don't understand is that the WC line of AR's are an excellent value, from a company known for excellence.

In three years and over 1K rounds, accuracy is still outstanding and reliability has been perfect. I'll post the target from my next range trip.
TygerAR

Re: Awesome BLK barrel 3 years and counting.

Post by TygerAR »

Since then, I load a little shorter and have switch to Lil' Gun. You will need to Anneal for best accuracy.
warthog97
Silent Operator

Post by warthog97 »

I'm pretty happy with the accuracy from my 16" fluted Recon barrel too. I do have to wonder why they make them in carbine length versus pistol length. I can't seem to get enough gas to drive the gun, I may have to drill the port out to 0.125".
TygerAR

Post by TygerAR »

I take it the bolt is not moving back far enough to pickup the next round and jams half way? What Buffer are you running? if it's the DPMS, the weight is 3.7 oz. Which is closer to the heavy buffer used for pistols.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/re ... 42991.aspx
check the specs.

Try a true standard weight 3 oz buffer like this one

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/re ... -15zz1zzM4

Or even the Spike's ST-T1 which is what I am running, but it cost 3x more.

You should avoid drilling a bigger hole, sometimes it still does not fix the issue.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

My 16" Match grade barrel is more accurate than I am.
warthog97
Silent Operator

Post by warthog97 »

I should have posted a reply sooner. It was the piston system, not the gas port that was the issue. A simple $30 gas block got the build running great, and I'm impressed with the accuracy thus far.