Wilson 11.3" 300 BLK Barrel?

Moderators: gds, WilsonCombatRep

Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

Wilson 11.3" 300 BLK Barrel?

Post by Fire_Medic »

Anyone have any feedback with actually shooting one of these? I am debating between this, the DD 10.3" or the Rainier Arms 10.5"....

The wilson is on sale right now so that's a plus, but it is the longest of the bunch.....

They don't make 300 black barrels any shorter so 11.3 is the only option for a Wilson SBR 300 bulk barrel.....

Thanks
FM
azlester
Silent Operator

Re: Wilson 11.3" 300 BLK Barrel?

Post by azlester »

I know it is way past the point of you probably buying a barrel...
I was gifted one of the 11.3 inch 300 Blackout barrels recently. i was thrilled to say the least. I built the upper and went to the range to see how it did.
I was using 155gr bthp bullets and had them loaded with med to close to max charges of IMR4227 and Hodgen Lil' Gun powders. It was short stroking and failing to pick up the next round on all loads(and failed to lock back on empty mag).
I contacted Wilson and they sent me a call tag to ship them the upper. I got it back quickly and they had opened up the gas port from .073 to .106 inches. I don't think that it is going to be short stroking any more. I am hoping to get to the range this weekend to see how she does this time.