Re: Won't Cycle

Post by conejo_guy »

I posted an update at the top of the thread
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

conejo_guy wrote:I posted an update at the top of the thread
So to sum it up the issue was narrowed down by BCG swapping with a different/working BCG. That lead to an inspection of the problematic BCG and a problem with it's assembly. Good work!

A little methodical troubleshooting and you know understand what the issue was and the solution for resolving it :)
Quiettime
Silent Operator

Post by Quiettime »

conejo_guy wrote:I pulled the Wilson Combat BCG apart when I got home and found that the ears on top gas ring were bent like the bolt had been dropped and the gaps in rings 2 and 3 were aligned..
Aren't you glad you didn't just hog out the gas port? Always better to try reversible changes before going straight to irreversible ones.
conejo_guy

Post by conejo_guy »

Quiettime wrote:
conejo_guy wrote:I pulled the Wilson Combat BCG apart when I got home and found that the ears on top gas ring were bent like the bolt had been dropped and the gaps in rings 2 and 3 were aligned..
Aren't you glad you didn't just hog out the gas port? Always better to try reversible changes before going straight to irreversible ones.
There's a little more to this story - the gas rings while bent were not the issue I thought they were. Turns out the gas key was not completely machined. There was no through hole from the port that mates with the gas tube through the gas key body into the bolt carrier. The port in the bottom of the gas key that aligns with the port in the bolt carrier was there, it just didn't reach the port at the front of the key. Good times!
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Wow some QC issues there for sure! Good find. Lets us all know to inspect our stuff thoroughly before/when having problems.
mm mich.
Silent But Deadly

Post by mm mich. »

I have a 16" Wilson Combat barrel and it shoot's perfect now,no malfunction's.But that was'nt the story when I first put it on.After talking to a few on here I decided to open my gas port on the barrel.I can't remember now the number's but I believe it was .094" and I reamed it to .116" dia.Totally fixed the problem,as someone on this site told me"you can't over gas a blackout".Run a wet bolt and if that don't do it,I'd ream the gas port,worked for me.
drayks
Senior Silent Operator

Post by drayks »

Check out the gas port sizing chart that I put under the subject--"gas port on my 300 Blackout"--drayks
mm mich.
Silent But Deadly

Post by mm mich. »

+2 for a bigger gas port.Worked for me.