Best place to buy Noveske Upper

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Xshark

Best place to buy Noveske Upper

Post by Xshark »

I am new to the 300, and I've finally decided to buy. Worst time to buy, huh?

I want a Noveske 8.2" upper with the 7" NSR. I'll eventually get all the components to have a complete rifle, but for now, just the upper will do.
I'll also have to start the SBR process before finishing my build.

What is the best way to purchase one of these? Every place I have looked is on back-order.
Should I try to place an order with, say, Midway USA with one on back-order anyway?

Noveske's site says these are only available thru distributors. I have emailed Noveske about getting one, but I never heard back from them.
I also emailed a local Noveske distributor about the upper as well, with no response.

Where else should I look?
-k-
Industry Professional

Re: Best place to buy Noveske Upper

Post by -k- »

Right now your best bet is to get a backorder in where you can. Even emails are seriously backed up with the spike in demand.
Todd
Waveman
Silent Operator

Post by Waveman »

Xshark wrote:I am new to the 300, and I've finally decided to buy. Worst time to buy, huh?

I want a Noveske 8.2" upper with the 7" NSR. I'll eventually get all the components to have a complete rifle, but for now, just the upper will do.
I'll also have to start the SBR process before finishing my build.

What is the best way to purchase one of these? Every place I have looked is on back-order.
Should I try to place an order with, say, Midway USA with one on back-order anyway?

Noveske's site says these are only available thru distributors. I have emailed Noveske about getting one, but I never heard back from them.
I also emailed a local Noveske distributor about the upper as well, with no response.

Where else should I look?
You may want to check with http://www.rainierarms.com. They prices have always been reasonable and they are reliable.
DarkPhoenix
Silent Operator

Post by DarkPhoenix »

I have a 556 10.5" switchblock upper on order with Rainier Arms going on 8 weeks now. I contacted them 2weeks ago and they said that they are telling everyone 4-6 months to be safe. Fingers crossed it will be sooner, but their products are awesome and worth the wait!
ctsheepdog

Post by ctsheepdog »

I have exchanged emails with the ladies at Noveske regarding a 5.56 barrel for a build. It is out of stock and they can not (will not) tell me when production might take place. They are clearly jammed but did respond. Their recommendation was the same has given here - find a dealer and place an order. Ranier is a fine firm and I believe they are the top (or a top) Noveske dealer around. That said, I decided to place my backorder through Midway which indicates possible availability date of late January. Who knows.
aacdragon

Post by aacdragon »

I have to agree with -k-.

I went to my local firing range, (Alpine Shooting Range), and requested a NOVESKE in 300 BLK. They were able to locate a stainless model, but I wanted a CLB rifle, so I dropped the cash and they ordered the rifle. I later read information regarding the stainless steel process NOVESKE uses, and after a month went back to the firing range to see if they could still locate a stainless steel model rifle. With all the "possible ban" hype going around, all of his distributors were completely out of NOVESKE'S. I left the CLB on order, but really felt like kicking my self in the teeth, for not jumping on the original rifle he had found.

Order and wait for what you want, otherwise you'll never be happy. I'm going on a 2 month wait now, and even though I've never seen one of their rifles in person, judging by their You Tube video, and the articles I've read, I do believe they are worth the price and antagonizing wait.

I've never waited that long, (and still waiting) for a firearm, but it's as the saying goes - "If you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done".

Even though I'm still waiting, and believe I should be at the top of the list, I do feel that the NOVESKE company, friends, loved ones, and co-workers do deserve some time of mourning, due to the loss of John Noveske, no matter what time it adds to an order. FAMILY FIRST has always been my thought.

I've made a call, sent e-mails as well, but always had speedy, and pleasant replies. Might have something to do with the loss of their loved one, and the rush of the gun craze thing going on.

Good luck on the order and wait xshark.
I shot an elephant wearing my pants

aacdragon
brobin10
Silent Operator

Post by brobin10 »

i got mine from:

http://www.rogtac.com/

send Mike an email and he will start looking for you. mike has some of the best customer service out there
Xshark

Post by Xshark »

I put an order in at DSGArms.com. Just the upper.

I need to find a lower now.....

Thanks for the advice!
Slaine777
Silent Operator

Post by Slaine777 »

I just went through all 37 pages of search results that google returned and there doesn't appear to be any 8.2" NSR uppers in stock out there. I'm on about 4 email lists when they come back in stock. It's frustrating, but even simple things like buffer tubes are nearly impossible to find right now.
DarkPhoenix
Silent Operator

Post by DarkPhoenix »

DarkPhoenix wrote:I have a 556 10.5" switchblock upper on order with Rainier Arms going on 8 weeks now. I contacted them 2weeks ago and they said that they are telling everyone 4-6 months to be safe. Fingers crossed it will be sooner, but their products are awesome and worth the wait!

Update: my upper shipped out yesterday! Back order works.

Thank you Noveske and Ranier Arms!