Best place to buy Noveske Upper

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

aacdragon

Re: Best place to buy Noveske Upper

Post by aacdragon »

I never thought I'd go through GunBroker, but that was my ultimate decision, since I had a Light Recce in 300 BLK on back order for 5 months and no sight of it arriving. And that was with the money sitting at the gun shop.

They are getting harder to find, but hopefully they will ease up some. Anyhow, I found what I was looking for, and jumped in on the auction. Actually won, so funds are sent, and waiting for arrival of a "new" never fired Noveske Light Recce full rifle.

It actually gets exciting towards the end of the auction, (both my wife and I had our hearts pounding towards the end of the auction), and the seller was great during the auction. Texts, e-mails, did not go unanswered regarding information on the rifle. The GunBroker site also had locations I could contact for the transfer of the rifle. Found a place about 5 minutes from my house, and really cheap transfer costs. I always figured the transfer would be the hardest part of the deal, which is what kept me away. I only wish I had jumped in their a long time ago, and I probably could have saved some on the price.

In a sense, I made out like a bandit. Since the gun store did not come up with a Noveske, I bought an Advanced Armament in 300 BLK, and it is a great rifle as well. So I'll have two 300's in my inventory. Coooool.

For now GunBroker provided what I needed, and I'm very happy. I believe I've found another source for toys.
I shot an elephant wearing my pants

aacdragon
DarkPhoenix
Silent Operator

Post by DarkPhoenix »

Very true. As long as you are careful not to go after things that are too good to be true or buyers that have bad feedback, gunbroker can be a good place to get guns and gun accessories. Definitely still support your local gun shop though.
aacdragon

Post by aacdragon »

So very true on the supporting the local gun shop. I won't drop them for one item that is hard to find in a depleted market. More so with a Noveske product that is hard to find.

I've dealt with the local gun shop/range for 27 years now. They are great, I know them, they know me, and by doing so, when something "new" does happen to come into their store, they'll bring it out to see. And of course it tends to be a sale for them. So Bravo to the local gun stores, unfortunetly so many have closed. Hence I will always support them in my future endeavors.

My purchase on GunBroker was not one of those "too good to be true" moments. In fact I didn't want to go ahead with the bid, due to the price. But luckily my wife supported me on this one, and said "go ahead and try". I put in my highest possible bid, (one I could live with), and it ended up way lower than my bid. So I think this one worked out. And the seller had high marks for previous sales. I had a lot of homework to do, since I had never though of looking on the site. But they had exactly what I had been looking for.

What made the purchase exciting was the fact that I've finally found what I was looking for, and the whole scenario of becoming a member on their site, learning the process, and actually winning was a great feeling. I was literally going through the regestering portion when the auction only had a couple of hours left, and contacting the local dealers who would transfer the firearm before making a bid. It was crazy, but exhilrating.

Only now I'll have to either look at Noveske or GunBroker for the Johnny mags.

aacdragon
aacdragon

Post by aacdragon »

Finally have it in my hands. I searched all over for the 300 RECCE model. Pricey, but well worth it. So it's added to the other 300 which I thought was well worth the search and price as well. I can't believe the weight difference the NSR makes on the Noveske.

Things to do:
Install the MOE+ grip. I love it.
Scope, Red dot??? Don't know yet
AFG grip.
Two Johhny Mags already on their way.
Ohh! AMMO

Last addition for now, which is on layaway:
Colt Sporter M4 Carbine (keeping it traditional look)
Trijicon T1111 something something. Nice scope, but too many numbers to remember. But it's going on the Colt.

Couple of pics. the others are just thrown in.

aacdragon
DVW

Post by DVW »

The Noveske 16" Rogue Hunter upper assembly I ordered from Midway 23 December 2012 is FINALLY shipping! Expected delivery date is 9 May 2013. That's, what, about 140 days? Should I hold my breath starting now? After no replys from Midway or Noveske on the status of my order, or any other questions I asked, other than "You can cancel your order if you wish", I certainly don't want to get my hopes up, but still I hope it was worth the wait! When(IF) it arrives I'll post impressions and shooting results.
ChaseCarlton

Post by ChaseCarlton »

I have an 16" Lo pro Noveske upper w/ 13.5" NSR rail for sale. Check out This link: http://www.armslist.com/posts/2354215/d ... ail-------