8" Noveske

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

LTC206

8" Noveske

Post by LTC206 »

Torn between the Noveske 8" and the Delta Co. 9" barrels. Is the extra money for the Noveske worth it on such a short barrel. I will be running suppressed 95% of the time. 0 - 100 yards typical engagement range. Would like to hear from you Delta Co. barrel owners (especially the ones that have had the opportunity to shoot both)
Quiet Riot
Silent But Deadly

Re: 8" Noveske

Post by Quiet Riot »

I don't know if it will matter for the 5% you're running unsuppressed, but my 8" Noveske barrel will not cycle subsonics without a can. That's fine for me, and it means the ports aren't bigger than they need to be.

I do know some other barrels will cycle unsuppressed subsonics, however. Just something to add to your data.
Check out my Youtube Channel, TWANGnBANG.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TWANGnBANG
LTC206

Post by LTC206 »

Thanks Riot

It appears that the issue is inherent to the platform as I have read about this issue in several other posts.
Any Delta Co barrel owners out there having problems cycling subsonics without a can?
LTC206

Post by LTC206 »

Hey Riot,
How is the accuracy with your Noveske? Is there a large difference suppressed vs. unsuppressed
Quiet Riot
Silent But Deadly

Post by Quiet Riot »

Wish I could tell you, but I do not have a can yet.

I don't see running subsonics without a can as an important feature when it would mean the gun would be over gassed running supersonic suppressed and potentially unsuppressed as well. It would be cool if the barrel could reliably do both, but I think they made the right call.
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

LTC206 wrote:It appears that the issue is inherent to the platform as I have read about this issue in several other posts.
Any Delta Co barrel owners out there having problems cycling subsonics without a can?
There are several possibilities at work here.

The first is ammo. Many people assume the 300 BLK is just a commercial version of the 300 W. So they load subsonics with data for the 300 W that uses faster powder than the factory 300 BLK ammo. The 300 W suffered from reliability problems with supersonic suppressed because of the larger gas ports needed to cycle the fast powder subsonic.

The second is design. We chose to make the gas port at the size we did to maximize the reliability of the more useful supersonic suppressed function.

The third is parts or assembly. The wrong buffer, spring, carrier with leaking gas key...
Todd
Quiet Riot
Silent But Deadly

Post by Quiet Riot »

Clearly, I could get my pistol to run with unsuppressed subsonics with a spring and/or buffer change. It's just on the verge of going into battery as it is. However, this is not a need I really have long term.

FWIW, I am using factory Remington 220gr 300BLK subsonics.
LTC206

Post by LTC206 »

-k- wrote:
LTC206 wrote:It appears that the issue is inherent to the platform as I have read about this issue in several other posts.
There are several possibilities at work here.

The first is ammo. Many people assume the 300 BLK is just a commercial version of the 300 W. So they load subsonics with data for the 300 W that uses faster powder than the factory 300 BLK ammo. The 300 W suffered from reliability problems with supersonic suppressed because of the larger gas ports needed to cycle the fast powder subsonic.

The second is design. We chose to make the gas port at the size we did to maximize the reliability of the more useful supersonic suppressed function.

The third is parts or assembly. The wrong buffer, spring, carrier with leaking gas key...
Todd,
How heavy of a buffer do you recommend using with the 8" Noveske barrel? [SBR]
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

Use an H buffer, you can also use an H2 if shooting mainly supersonic.
Todd
DDLES

Post by DDLES »

Can we get a Switchblock for the 8 inch, so we can give it a little more gas for subsonic unsuppressed?
Jon
DDLES