Most Recent CMMG experience...

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dcompton

Most Recent CMMG experience...

Post by dcompton »

First a disclaimer. This post is only to serve as an example of my first, only, and LAST experience with CMMG. I told them I was going to post feedback on all of my forums and I hold true to my word.

So at SHOT 2012 I finally catch the 300blk bug. In Jan I contact CMMG and order 2 barrels. One 16" 300blk and one 8.5" 300blk. I know the industry is loaded down right now so I'm not surprised that they tell me "end of February" for my barrels. I dish out the CC number and tell them to send them along when able.

End of Feb rolls around and they tell me "end or March" I bring up that they told me end of Feb and she puts me on hold. I get "your 8.5 is ready, we're still waiting on your 16". I say "Okay so will you guys hold my 8.5" until my 16" is ready then?" she replies "Yes." "okay then, send them both together."

Middle of March rolls around and I call in to update my CC info with a card linked to a different bank account. One that I use for gun toys, not my other joint account that my wife uses. I instruct them to use the new card for the barrels, by the way how's that going? "should be the end of April." "BLK??" "Well the hold up is your 8.5. We have your 16" ready, but we're waiting on your 8.5" At this point it's almost comical. I have a come-apart. I remind them they told me last month that they had my 8.5 in hand and were waiting on my 16. NOW, my 16 is in hand and they are waiting on my 8.5. Seriously??? I am put on hold. Upon returning, they inform me that they will ship both barrels that day. So I guess some other poor guy is going to get screwed on his 8.5" which is what I assume happened to me. Somebody called in pissed off and they gave them mine to make them happy because I was still waiting on a 16". I don't know, but I'm sorry to whoever get's the short end of that stick.

But wait there is more.....THEY CHARGE BOTH CARDS. That's right. $423.90 to both accounts. Problem is, the one account is for spending only and never carries that large of a balance in case of fraud issues. We just transfer in what we need. SO ALL Weekend, the wife and I are racking up $50 NSF fees on the account I called and told them NOT TO USE. Kid wants a happy meal? $4.21 + $50 for NSF, wife puts gas in the car? $67.00 + $50 NSF. ALL WEEKEND. SERIOUSLY! I call in this morning and they said they voided that transaction, but it takes 2 or 3 days for the refund to post. I am about to lose it. SO what if they call the credit card company and have them post it today...I'm out over $350 in fees from my bank, which by the way they will not refund. I've already made that phone call. Thanks a ton CMMG. Appreciate all you've done for me.

Dan Compton
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Most Recent CMMG experience...

Post by L1A1Rocker »

I'm really sorry to hear about this. You may be able to work this out with the Bank by disputing the CMMG charge on the card - in which case the fees would be refunded. I'm not real up on how those regs work anymore though.

As far as CMMG goes, I crossed them off my list based on another member having problems with their customer service. CMMG had not properly staked the gas key and it caused failure to cycle problems. CMMG refused to even look at, or consider the issue, because reloads had been used. I will NOT do business with CMMG EVER.
rockrivershooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockrivershooter »

I've heard numerous stories about cmmg barrels not having a concentric bore which can cause baffle strikes.
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

rockrivershooter wrote:I've heard numerous stories about cmmg barrels not having a concentric bore which can cause baffle strikes.
Just ask ADCO, they won't touch a CMMG barrel; and the thing that scares me is the issue with subsonic/supersonic.

I hear many 300 BLK shooters using a can and a CMMG with no thread issues. Maybe they corrected that issue.

I just need a fairly priced 8" with pistol gas to run both super and subsonic ammo. CMMG states you can't do both with their barrels, otherwise I'd think about taking a chance with them.

OP - sorry for your trouble. I have a policy that I pay for something when it's ready to ship. I avoid a lot of BS like with that policy.
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
eracer
Senior Silent Operator

Post by eracer »

I too have had one (and only one) experience with CMMG. No need to go into it. Suffice to say it's also my last.
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

eracer wrote:I too have had one (and only one) experience with CMMG. No need to go into it. Suffice to say it's also my last.
I just found a CMMG barrel, carbine, so I am thinking I can cut the barrel down to 7.5", drill a pistol gas hole, have it re-threaded and BAM, I have my pistol upper :?:
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
C2_Drew
Silent But Deadly

Post by C2_Drew »

Maryland_Shooter wrote: am thinking I can cut the barrel down to 7.5", drill a pistol gas hole, have it re-threaded and BAM, I have my pistol upper :?:
Seems like a simple plan on paper, but the devil is in the details. CMMG is known for barrel to bore concentricity issues, so it may be a crap shoot if you intend to put a can on it.
Designing the legacy systems of tomorrow, today!
lmb7784
Silent Operator

Post by lmb7784 »

Guess I'll cross CMMG off my list of potential barrels.
FarmerTed1971
Silent But Deadly

Post by FarmerTed1971 »

Sad, very sad. If you don't have good customer service in this day and age you might as well close your doors.
Grendel65
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Grendel65 »

In the firearms industry, customer service is paramount. I’ve heard/read a lot off bad press about these folks at CMMG. With the current uncertainty of politics and policies in the market today, the last thing we need is outfits like this running amuck.
"The Road Goes On Forever and the Party Never Ends" The Highwaymen