CMMG MK4 PDW, 300 Blk upper - good, bad and/or ugly?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Doc S

CMMG MK4 PDW, 300 Blk upper - good, bad and/or ugly?

Post by Doc S »

I'm looking at possibly picking up a CMMG MK4 PDW upper, 300 Blackout with an 8" barrel and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this upper. It'll most likely get paired with a CMMG MK4 lower, but I'm keeping my options open on that one. The only reason I'm doing it separately is I can get a wicked price on the upper through a military-only site, but they can't do lowers or pistols/rifles since it's internet only. It will be a pistol, since I'm not interested in giving the gov't another $200 and eight months of my time for an SBR. Figure if SHTF, nobody's gonna care if I shoulder a pistol brace.

Any opinions are welcome. Thanks!
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Re: CMMG MK4 PDW, 300 Blk upper - good, bad and/or ugly?

Post by BlogSarge »

I don't have the upper, but I do have my own build that uses the 8" CMMG barrel. I just got back from the range shooting in fact.

At 50yds with an EOTech it groups better than my eyes can see. I was getting about an inch groups, but then my eyes are pretty well hosed and the red dot sight looks like a cotton ball with spikes sticking out of it, so I never really know where exactly I am aiming...

Screwing my 762-SDN-6 onto my Brakeout2.0, I get about 1" POI shift down. POI shift is consistent and repeatable.

When I worked at the gun shop we sold quite a few CMMG items and they seem to be well received. If the price is right, grab it. If you don't like it you can always sell it.
danield
Silent But Deadly

Post by danield »

Cant speak to the upper but my 8 inch CMMG barrel is a great barrel. Groups great. I couldnt be happier with it.
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

I have a stock 8' CMMG MK4 PDW upper. It runs fine without or without my suppressor. It's more accurate than I can shoot it. It will cycle UMC subs without a can and lock back. It may or may not cycle with weaker subs and no can. She also likes the very hot H-day custom 110g v-max load.
I feel that the upper is a good value. The rail is actually pretty light and usable. The barrel is a profile that actually works with a shortie. The only bit I don't like is the built into the rail QD sling swivels. They are aluminum and will wear out quickly with hard use. CMMG has great service as well.
I will say this though unless you are going to suppress it don't bother with an 8' barrel. Get a longer one. By the way the only ammo the gun hates is the Fochcchi 150g! R
FrankKeymn

CMMG MK4 PDW 300 Blk upper good bad and/or ugly

Post by FrankKeymn »

Re: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly: Goffin's Cockatoos.

Thanks for this. I have more or less decided that my next and final larger bird will be a Goffins when the time is right. It's good to know what I have to prepare for.
https://www.sportzfuel.com/
Kamsmoogs

CMMG MK4 PDW 300 Blk upper good bad and/or ugly

Post by Kamsmoogs »

Viper is supposed to have a stiffer handle and also have less end load. That's what one of the guys from Anarchy informed me.
There is a review on youtube about the Viper.
AlexaGuit

-

Post by AlexaGuit »

Oz is right. It is Dermabond. Made by Johnsons and Johnsons. I belive a Rx is needed, but I dont see why you couldnt call up the doc and have him write one.

:beam


Динозавр - это тот же петух, только гребень на всю спину и яйца побольше