SDN-6 mounts

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

karst_runner

SDN-6 mounts

Post by karst_runner »

Does AAC make a "non-deep" mount for the SDN-6?

I'm trying to figure out if the SDN-6 will mount on a BCM 9" 300 upper with 8" KMR. I can't get a for sure answer. I've seen at least one person who could get it on with the 8" KMR, but others saying it won't fit. I have the standard 51t brake / mount.

BCM shows a picture of the sdn-6 attached to their 9" upper with 7" KMR on the website. Was really hoping the can would insert in to the rail, but I guess it doesn't.
emmagee1917
Senior Silent Operator

Re: SDN-6 mounts

Post by emmagee1917 »

I have a BCM 9 inch with a KMR 8 inch and the tri - forked ACC 51 tooth mount for a SDN-6 .
It fits .
Not much left to play with , but it fits .
If you do have a fitting problem , it won't be by much , so a wee bit of grinder time and paint should cure it .
Or you could add a washer behind the mount to bring it forward a smidge .
But I'd bet you'll be fine .
Chris
karst_runner

Post by karst_runner »

emmagee1917 wrote:I have a BCM 9 inch with a KMR 8 inch and the tri - forked ACC 51 tooth mount for a SDN-6 .
It fits .
Not much left to play with , but it fits .
If you do have a fitting problem , it won't be by much , so a wee bit of grinder time and paint should cure it .
Or you could add a washer behind the mount to bring it forward a smidge .
But I'd bet you'll be fine .
Chris
Dude! You're awesome!

Thanks so much for clearing this up. As stated, I've read it both ways. To make matters more confusing, BCM has a pic of their 7" rail with a SDN-6 attached. In a perfect world the suppressor would slide behind the KMR, but I guess it won't. I waited too long to get the actual AAC upper.

Thanks again buddy. -Chuck
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

karst_runner wrote: In a perfect world the suppressor would slide behind the KMR, but I guess it won't. I waited too long to get the actual AAC upper.
No guessing about it, it won't. The KMR is only 1.3" ID while the SDN-6 is 1.5" OD. I have the 7" KMR on my BCM upper and I'm debating changing it when my omega makes it out to the 8", so I feel your pain on trying to find a definitive answer in what fits or not.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

I'm not really a fan of AAC's "derp" socket flash hider/mounts; they have caused me some problems on a couple of rifles. I looked for the non derp version but I was never able to find any for sale.

It's not the equipment you are asking about, but I run my SDN-6 on a 10" barreled Aero with their 9" rail, and as Chris said, it is close. I think with any less than 1" of muzzle protrusion beyond the rail, you are likely to have trouble operating the latch to remove the can. 1" seems to be the magic number though for having the can start directly where the rail ends, with no obvious gap.
karst_runner

Post by karst_runner »

SwampDog_13 wrote:
karst_runner wrote: In a perfect world the suppressor would slide behind the KMR, but I guess it won't. I waited too long to get the actual AAC upper.
No guessing about it, it won't. The KMR is only 1.3" ID while the SDN-6 is 1.5" OD. I have the 7" KMR on my BCM upper and I'm debating changing it when my omega makes it out to the 8", so I feel your pain on trying to find a definitive answer in what fits or not.
I'm considering just buying the 8", making my SDN-6 either dedicated on a 5.56 or my Rem 700 chambered in 300, and buying an Omega. I want the upper now, while they are in stock. If I wait I have a strong feeling it will be a long time before I ever get the 300 AAC AR upper that I want (election) and they are in stock now. I don't believe Omegas will be hard to come by post election. From my limited research, the Omegas attach to the 9" w/ 8" KMR just fine.

Appreciate the hell out of the responses guys. The SDN-6 might take a backseat on one of my 5.56 AR's, but I'm still glad I have it. It's a hell of a suppressor if the ratcheting device holds up.