Removing Rockset 51T Blackout flash hider?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

KneverKnew
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Removing Rockset 51T Blackout flash hider?

Post by KneverKnew »

yep. loud Crack.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

rimshaker wrote:Lots of conflicting info regarding torque amount for muzzle devices. I'm really surprised AAC actually has varying amounts according to thread pitch.
Silencerco simply says 20-30 ft-lbs for all their products, regardless of caliber and threads.

I'm inclined to agree with Silco since all you're basically doing is establishing a firm seating onto the barrel shoulder. I highly doubt 5/8x24 needs 2x the torque.
Yeah... As I said, unless you have a reaction rod, I don't think you can even reach what they are recommending for 5/8 without breaking something. The 90-100 they recommend for 3/4 seems more than a little excessive. Reaching the 30-40 they call for with 9/16 wasn't much of a problem.
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

65 ft lbs has been a gunsmith standard for a long time.

A standard upper vice jig thingy worked great when we removed my flash hider.

Fixtures and techniques that have been tried and true will work. I have advocated for the reaction bar in the past but honestly after I saw mine come off I decided it isn't warranted or needed. We used the AAC flash hider removal tool and a nice long pipe on the end of the ratchet for leverage. Other than that it's all muscle.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk