Is AAC no longer making the 9" upper?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

User avatar
300Blk
Site Admin
Posts: 7329
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 am
Location: USA

Re: Is AAC no longer making the 9" upper?

Post by 300Blk » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:40 pm

They are coming back into stock at some point.

BulletFlight for Android
Jbhurley
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:17 am
Location: Florida Space Coast
Contact:

Re: Is AAC no longer making the 9" upper?

Post by Jbhurley » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:41 pm

Okay thanks for the info. I may still go with a PSA 8.5 Nitride upper and a Fail Zero BCG though... 'cause I'm impatient :mrgreen:
AAC Eco 9
AAC M4-1000
SiCo Omega
Multi-Cal SBR

"What worries me is not the younger generation's rebelliousness in petty matters, but their tameness in great matters." Albert Jay Nock

gdirty5
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:30 am

Re: Is AAC no longer making the 9" upper?

Post by gdirty5 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:16 am

If I could do it over again, I would do a build with a noveske 8.5 inch barrel. I have a 9 inch AAC and feel it isn't as accurate as my other rifles

User avatar
A-Game
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:05 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Is AAC no longer making the 9" upper?

Post by A-Game » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:18 am

If you don't want the barrel there are guys that would stand in line to take that barrel off your hands or the complete AAC upper.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk

User avatar
Overton-AR
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1191
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:16 am

Re: Is AAC no longer making the 9" upper?

Post by Overton-AR » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:32 am

A-Game wrote:If you don't want the barrel there are guys that would stand in line to take that barrel off your hands or the complete AAC upper.

Not really....I posted mine in the EE and not a nibble.....decent price too. Less than 50 rounds through it. I bought 2 of the 9" AAC's and want to sell one of them so I can get the 12.5" version for supers.

User avatar
A-Game
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:05 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Is AAC no longer making the 9" upper?

Post by A-Game » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:20 pm

The URX4 is a nice rail too. I'd much rather have that than the URX 3.1
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk

User avatar
cornmastah
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:14 am
Location: Utah
Contact:

Re: Is AAC no longer making the 9" upper?

Post by cornmastah » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:31 pm

gdirty5 wrote:If I could do it over again, I would do a build with a noveske 8.5 inch barrel. I have a 9 inch AAC and feel it isn't as accurate as my other rifles
I've had a very good experience with my AAC 9" upper. It feeds & cycles everything I load for it and shoots accurately. My 16" AAC upper also feeds, cycles, and shoots accurately.

gdirty5
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:30 am

Re: Is AAC no longer making the 9" upper?

Post by gdirty5 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:20 am

cornmastah wrote:
gdirty5 wrote:If I could do it over again, I would do a build with a noveske 8.5 inch barrel. I have a 9 inch AAC and feel it isn't as accurate as my other rifles
I've had a very good experience with my AAC 9" upper. It feeds & cycles everything I load for it and shoots accurately. My 16" AAC upper also feeds, cycles, and shoots accurately.
Mine feeds and cycles everything so far also but I'm getting baseball to softball sized groups at 50 yards

With the same lower 10.5 inch upper, same ammo the groups more than shrank to half of that.

Post Reply