AAC's Retail Site

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

kyswede

Re: AAC's Retail Site

Post by kyswede »

I placed an order on Sept.16, received it Sept. 25. Placed another order on Sept. 23, received it today. $200 store credit used on both orders. Only had to pay tax and shipping.
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sharkbite »

Cant comment on retail, but AAC warranty service is good to go.

I just sent in my SDN-6 to have the latch replaced. Can was back in 10 days fixed and REFINISHED at no charge, not even shipping. Looks like a brand new can.
onerifle

Post by onerifle »

Sharkbite wrote:Cant comment on retail, but AAC warranty service is good to go.

I just sent in my SDN-6 to have the latch replaced. Can was back in 10 days fixed and REFINISHED at no charge, not even shipping. Looks like a brand new can.

Really?

I just bought a brand new AAC upper, it came without BASIC hardware, and I contacted AAC via E-Mail with my receipt as an attachment.

Know what they said? Contact somebody else (KAC) !!

If you're putting somebody else's rails on YOUR uppers and selling them, COMPLETE the BASIC job with the appropriate hardware.

Do you buy a Ford truck and only get 50% of the lugs to attach wheels? No. Either do your jobs as you have advertised, or get out of the business.
themonk
Senior Silent Operator

Post by themonk »

onerifle wrote:

Really?

I just bought a brand new AAC upper, it came without BASIC hardware, and I contacted AAC via E-Mail with my receipt as an attachment.

If you're putting somebody else's rails on YOUR uppers and selling them, COMPLETE the BASIC job with the appropriate hardware.

Do you buy a Ford truck and only get 50% of the lugs to attach wheels? No. Either do your jobs as you have advertised, or get out of the business.
What was missing?
onerifle

Post by onerifle »

themonk wrote:
onerifle wrote:

Really?

What was missing?
The proverbial lug nuts that holds the damn thing together !! The minimal hardware was put on just to hang parts, and shipped !! Beyond lazy.
themonk
Senior Silent Operator

Post by themonk »

The two screws at the end of the rail?
onerifle

Post by onerifle »

Knights Armament came through with a package of hardware in the mail.

Has me wondering what is going on at AAC.

Picked it up through Grab-A-Gun which has refused to post my "review".

If I order an AAC can, is it going to be missing parts?
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

What was missing on your upper? Did the handgaurd come inpieces and you had to assemble it without "lug nutz"? :lol:
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
onerifle

Post by onerifle »

A-Game wrote:What was missing on your upper? Did the handgaurd come inpieces and you had to assemble it without "lug nutz"? :lol:
Yeah der, couldn't get er into 4 HI either !! :lol:

Screws were missing that hold the hand guard in place. Other "reviews" on Grab-a-gun buyers of same upper, had the same complaints.

All I asked AAC folks was to send me the correct hardware or give me a part # to order some. Negative.

They are either flooded with work or there's some serious grievences in their Staff.

Minor, but when you order something new and several people are missing the same hardware? I never found that to be a new normal in any industry.

Other than that quality seems good, nice BCG, and I guess the included KAC rail retails for almost $400 itself, so, not too bad a deal.
MPWfritz

Post by MPWfritz »

Is anything ever going to be in stock on AAC website? Is the stuff on the website meaningful anymore or is just there for history sake ?

If there are going to be no more uppers or whatever, why will they not post it or tell us? Why waste every ones time?