MPW Upper Rail Out Of Spec

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

saabdrifter
Silent Operator

MPW Upper Rail Out Of Spec

Post by saabdrifter »

I have an ACC MPW 9 inch upper.

I just got my SBR paperwork back. I put the rifle together last night and went to mount my new Aimpoint H1 on it.

It is a H1 with factory QD mount. I tightened the adjuster all the way and it still has some play. I think the mount is good because it tightens up on my Leo, Kriss and two other AR rifles.

Any ideas?

I guess I will take some measurements when I get back next week.
pvanwagner
Silent But Deadly

Re: MPW Upper Rail Out Of Spec

Post by pvanwagner »

Call and talk to Ethan. He is at ext 107 or 109, I can't remember which one. He'll probably see this and respond also. I've seen that with the T-1s on occasion and I can't remember what the deal was.

It's after 4:30pm on a Friday so I'm not sure he's in the office still though.
saabdrifter
Silent Operator

Post by saabdrifter »

Wow, that was fast!!

I am heading out of town, I will call on Monday.

Thank you for the fast reply. Have a great weekend.
pvanwagner
Silent But Deadly

Post by pvanwagner »

Have a good weekend.
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

Paul has his settings so he gets, email, texts, autodialer, smoke signals, spidey sense, his avengers card, bat signal, and other classified notifications when there is a new forumn post.

It is nice to know a guy ;)
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
AAC_Ethan

Post by AAC_Ethan »

Sorry to hear about your rail being out if spec. I'll make sure that gets fixed for you. Send me an email at [email protected] or call me at 770-925-9988x109 and I'll get it taken care of ASAP. Again, I apologize about that.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Maybe the H1 mount that is out of spec? There is no way to know without measuring each of them. Or I guess a quick test is to try another mount on the rail, or try that mount on another rail.
themonk
Senior Silent Operator

Post by themonk »

300Blk wrote:Maybe the H1 mount that is out of spec? There is no way to know without measuring each of them. Or I guess a quick test is to try another mount on the rail, or try that mount on another rail.
This actually happened to me on my first H1. The H1 is a hunters optic so aimpoint puts a weaver mount on it and not a picatinny. I called Aimpoint and they sent me a new mount for the T1 which is the picatinny. Worked perfect.
pvanwagner
Silent But Deadly

Post by pvanwagner »

There it is. I couldn't remember. We had a police agency send us three MPWs and three T-1s that only 2 would go on correctly. I knew Cade handled that one, but I couldn't remember what the deal was with it. Trying to work off memory since I'm no longer there. I knew Ethan would contact you quick though.

No one ever likes to push a problem off on another company but this looks like one of those times when it might be an Aimpoint issue. Not a problem, just a different mount needed.

Hope this all works out good for you.

Paul.
saabdrifter
Silent Operator

Post by saabdrifter »

I am getting in contact with Aimpoint also.

But the rail on my upper is still out of spec. The mount works perfectly on the URX section of rail, but not on the upper.
I also tried it on 4 other AR uppers and it mounts fine with room to adjust.

I have spoken with Ethan at AAC and they are getting me fixed up. Top shelf CS all the way.