I have a question for AAC

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

I have a question for AAC

Post by randyrucker »

I'm thinking about getting a Brakeout 2 for my 9 inch upper to be used with my SDN6. I am currently running a 51t on it. Will there be any difference in noise level between the 51t and the Brakeout 2 coupled with the SDN6? Also are there any advantages or disadvantages of running the SDN6 with the 51t vs. brakeout 2 ? Thanks.
Last edited by randyrucker on Fri May 02, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
300Blk
Site Admin

Re: I have a question for AAC

Post by 300Blk »

BrakeOut2 is 51T or 90T.

You mean compared to another muzzle brake or flash suppressor?

A BrakeOut2 should protect the silencer baffle more than a Blackout. I am not sure if it will be quieter.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

I mean the noise level of a 51t flash hider compared to a brakeout 2 used in conjunction with the SDN6. Since the brakeout 2 is also a muzzel brake will it be louder with the suppressor than the 51t flash hider with the suppressor?
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

The way i understand the causality of sound and sound suppression, i think the volume would be the same, whether you use brake, fh, or direct (if you were able to compare the exact same suppressor build on all 3, which i dont think is possible)...its the same amount of "sound" coming through the suppressor to be muted, only difference by using a brake is DIRECTING the sound...i may be wrong, but thats how i understand it...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

I have both adapters with a sdn6 and cant tell the difference with it mounted
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

TMD wrote:I have both adapters with a sdn6 and cant tell the difference with it mounted
Thanks for the info. Can you notice a difference in recoil reduction ?
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

If you want to reduce the felt recoil get an adjustable gas block and tune it. Also, using a lighter buffer with the adjustable gas blck will also reduce the amount of felt recoil.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:If you want to reduce the felt recoil get an adjustable gas block and tune it. Also, using a lighter buffer with the adjustable gas blck will also reduce the amount of felt recoil.
I've got a JP silent spring buffer on it and I'm to lazy to put an adjustable gas block on it. I was just going to swap out the 51t flash hider for the new brakeout 2 and see if that reduced recoil any. Protecting the baffel is a bonus. :| :mrgreen:
pvanwagner
Silent But Deadly

Post by pvanwagner »

randyrucker wrote:
Dolomite_Supafly wrote:If you want to reduce the felt recoil get an adjustable gas block and tune it. Also, using a lighter buffer with the adjustable gas blck will also reduce the amount of felt recoil.
I've got a JP silent spring buffer on it and I'm to lazy to put an adjustable gas block on it. I was just going to swap out the 51t flash hider for the new brakeout 2 and see if that reduced recoil any. Protecting the baffel is a bonus. :| :mrgreen:
Randy, with the silencer installed you will not notice a difference between the two. The Brakeout 2 will reduce recoil though when shooting without the silencer.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

randyrucker wrote:
TMD wrote:I have both adapters with a sdn6 and cant tell the difference with it mounted
Thanks for the info. Can you notice a difference in recoil reduction ?
Their on two different uppers both 16" but as far as I can tell I can't feel a difference between the two.