BRAKEOUT 2 compensator

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

brobin10
Silent Operator

BRAKEOUT 2 compensator

Post by brobin10 »

anyone have a chance to pick one up and use it yet?

http://www.advanced-armament.com/BRAKEO ... p_650.html

curious if there would be any added benefit in removing my 51T FH from my noveske 8.2" 300 blk SBR and adding one of the new brakeouts?

would there be any added benefit to the longevity of the SDN6 (i.e. blast baffles) I just got got?
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Re: BRAKEOUT 2 compensator

Post by randyrucker »

brobin10 wrote:anyone have a chance to pick one up and use it yet?

http://www.advanced-armament.com/BRAKEO ... p_650.html

curious if there would be any added benefit in removing my 51T FH from my noveske 8.2" 300 blk SBR and adding one of the new brakeouts?

would there be any added benefit to the longevity of the SDN6 (i.e. blast baffles) I just got got?
I put one on my "busted" budget long range precesion rifle build.

viewtopic.php?f=137&t=87250&start=10

I was thinking about sticking one on my 9 inch aac upper since I noticed more recoil than with the 16 inch upper. I think I'll be shooting with the SDN6 on it all the time so I was thinking the same thing as you. I just don't want to deal with the hassel of removing the 51t on it now after reading all the horror stories here about how hard they are to get off.
brobin10
Silent Operator

Post by brobin10 »

yeah i was planning on removing my 51T FH myself. Maybe I would be better off to send it off to someplace like ADCO
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

brobin10 wrote:yeah i was planning on removing my 51T FH myself. Maybe I would be better off to send it off to someplace like ADCO
If you can vice your upper you just really need to put something flat, metal, and sturdy in the prongs of the flash hider and crank on it to break the rockset (think like a 4 way tire tool on a lug nut).

Or just buy the tool and use a breaker bar/ratchet.

Either way you will need to be able to secure it. Me, I just laid the upper on my bed, put a pillow over it. got on it with my knees and then with a long flat handled wrench (I think) wrapped in a towel or pillow case I did as I mention up above. I was quiet pissed off at marking up my barrel and nearly stripping the flats on my FH that I figured what the hell. Worked like a charm, wish I did that in the first place :)

Btw soaking for about 30 minutes in boiling water did nothing for me.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

When I bought my first core15 16 inch upper it came with a surefire QD mount. After I bought the SDN-6 I bought a 51t for it. I took it to a gunsmith and he took the surefire off and put the 51t on. I paid him $20 for the work. I think I would just do that again if I bought the Brakeout 2 and put it on the 9 inch AAC upper.
GLOCKshooter

Post by GLOCKshooter »

Any reports on how these are doing?
blkgunlvr
Senior Silent Operator

Post by blkgunlvr »

I just put one on a 9" pistol build. When I ordered a Brakeout from Amazon, I expected the earlier version that I have on other builds and was surprised that I had gotten a Brakeout II without shims. It works well to reduce recoil and muzzle jump in the pistol and I've seen no evidence of any issues other than the usual carbon sooting in my 762 SDN6. My new build has shown some excellent accuracy so far, but I've only been able to shoot it at 25 yds and with a Bushnell micro-dot. I have better optic options on the way and should be here next week.
loki*hunter
Senior Silent Operator

Post by loki*hunter »

I put one on my SCAR 17 and it works well. Most of the recoil impulse from the 17 is from the heavy bolt carrier group so I see very little difference between the SJC Titan (mother of all muzzle brakes) and the Brakeout 2 unless I am shooting from the bench.....it works that well. I would highly recommend it as it does not need to be timed, isn't a tuning fork and is probably the best compromise out there right now.
GLOCKshooter

Post by GLOCKshooter »

I have the Damn the Man rebate to spend, and I am considering the Brakeout 2, but don't see a lot of reviews. Specifically, I am wondering if it does anything to preserve the baffles on a suppressor. I know the comp acts as a sacrificial baffle, and the original Brakeout did, to a lesser extent. The redesign seems like it would make it less effective at that, but I am no expert. Any first hand experience?
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

It performs that function. It has to. It would be impossible to direct gas out the side and not reduce gas hitting the blast baffle. I designed it, by the way.