Small gap.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ajb
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Small gap.

Post by ajb »

TCustoms wrote:FWIW, Rockset is easy to break free. A few drops of water and it will soften after an hr or so.
I followed all the suggestions for removing the 51t flash hider from my upper. I ended up using the tool with the barrel in v blocks in a vise and having to put an impact wrench on it to get it off! I personally would never use rockset.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

I would like to thank the folks at AAC for providing excellent customer support to eliminate the gap between the hand rail and the upper receiver. Fast turn around and the gap is gone. Cade and Paul are great. Thanks so much for your help.

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

looks sharp!
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

It's one sexy little rifle. It's going to look so good when my stamp gets back for my SDN-6. Whitetails beware ! :mrgreen:
#1hotshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by #1hotshot »

randyrucker wrote:It's one sexy little rifle. It's going to look so good when my stamp gets back for my SDN-6. Whitetails beware ! :mrgreen:
Randy your teasing us with that pic. Can you post a pic of the hole gun. :lol:
A GUN IN YOUR HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

TKanaley is correct. It is unlikely that it was installed incorrectly because you turn it in as tight as it can go, and then back off until it is aligned. The gap can be up to almost one full rotation of gap, which is normal. It looks like AAC tried many parts to eliminate the gap on your replacement because it was something that you were wondering about.
shadepuppy

Post by shadepuppy »

randyrucker wrote:I shot my new AAC 9 inch upper last weekend. I noticed when I looked at it close there is a small gap between the URX rail the the upper receiver. On my other upper this fits flush together. Does this gap look normal ? Thanks for the help.

:)

I have the same issue with the AAC 12.5" however your "gap" looks fairly even.....my gap is about the same as yours at the top but is flush at the bottom.....making the entire rail / hand guard....run slightly downhill.....as you know this is a premium upper and it is well made and feels great......but I'm afraid this unevenness is starting to knaw at me
dustyroads

Post by dustyroads »

shadepuppy wrote:
randyrucker wrote:I shot my new AAC 9 inch upper last weekend. I noticed when I looked at it close there is a small gap between the URX rail the the upper receiver. On my other upper this fits flush together. Does this gap look normal ? Thanks for the help.

:)

I have the same issue with the AAC 12.5" however your "gap" looks fairly even.....my gap is about the same as yours at the top but is flush at the bottom.....making the entire rail / hand guard....run slightly downhill.....as you know this is a premium upper and it is well made and feels great......but I'm afraid this unevenness is starting to knaw at me

Shoot AAC an email. I had a crooked rail issue as well and have a post up about it. Turn around was about a week and they put a new rail on for me free of charge.
"You knocked my teeth out!" "Well colt makes a heavy firearm. That's a fact"
mrgein
Silent But Deadly

Post by mrgein »

its amazing how many people can't grasp a simple concept like " read the last post before YOU post"
dillon 650xl
AAC 16" upper
AAC NiB full auto BCG
Raptor CH
KAC URX3.1 13.5"
Ambush lower
Geissele SSA trigger
Savvy Sniper Quad Dual QD sling
IMR 4227
Hornady Custom Dies
dustyroads