762 SD rachet issue

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

firedavis
Silent But Deadly

762 SD rachet issue

Post by firedavis »

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with the rachet teeth wearing down and not being able to lock up tight. I just sent mine back today.
ryknoll3

Re: 762 SD rachet issue

Post by ryknoll3 »

This is a known problem with some of AAC's 51t cans. They had a problem with heat-treatment on some of the ratchets and the teeth wear out. They will get you squared away.
jason
Silent But Deadly

Post by jason »

In a related question...
what happens if a suppressor gets broken? Can I send it to the manufacturer and have it repaired/replaced with the same serial number? Or do I have to go through the lame ATF process again?
firedavis
Silent But Deadly

Post by firedavis »

They will fix minor issue just by doing regular shipping. If there is a serious issue and the manufactur needs to replace the whole unit then you have to go through the ATF process again, due to new serial number.
Chedr
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chedr »

firedavis wrote:Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with the rachet teeth wearing down and not being able to lock up tight. I just sent mine back today.
Yes I just had this happen to mine. Purchased in 2015. Just wrote an email and I'm hoping for a quick fix cause I haven't even had it as long as I waited for it.
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sharkbite »

I Sent my SDN-6 in for the ratchet being work. Back and forth door-door time was under a week. AND the can came back refinished. Looked like a new can.
Chedr
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chedr »

Sharkbite wrote:I Sent my SDN-6 in for the ratchet being work. Back and forth door-door time was under a week. AND the can came back refinished. Looked like a new can.
Good to hear. :) I just got my email for pick up to ship it back.
Chedr
Silent But Deadly

Post by Chedr »

Just got it back, 19 days door 2 door looks like new on the outside. I think the re-coated it. No repair or shipping charges...............No explanation either.......?

However, the repairs were made. I am glad that they stand behind their product.

Thanks AAC (Remington).
07yzryder
Silent Operator

Post by 07yzryder »

mine just arrived at their door today. no questions asked. i called they said can you email the email address on the site. just include your name address SN and a brief description of the problem. then we will give you a URL to setup a UPS delivery (on their dime how awesome!) and request you include a copy of the request from the site, a copy of your tax stamp and of course the problem suppressor.

hoping its a short stay. my 8.5 inch piston blackout doesnt cycle the subs without a suppressor.