KAC URX ll

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gaijin

KAC URX ll

Post by gaijin »

Is this rail removed by heating and unscrewing as it appears?

My 16" barreled gun needs a BCM KMR-A 15" rail.
BC98
Senior Silent Operator

Re: KAC URX ll

Post by BC98 »

URX rails are a two piece rail that will require a special barrel nut wrench and a fairly specific knowledge of the system for removal. I have a different method that's a little difficult to explain but typically removes even the most stuck handguards.

Some URX rails were installed with loctite and can be difficult to remove. Or you can send it to somebody with experience on installation of the KAC rails.
gaijin

Post by gaijin »

Not what I hoped to hear, but thanks for the answer.
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sharkbite »

I would like to put a slightly longer rail on my 9.5"AAC gun. It has the URX rail. Id like to extend the rail over the GMT300blk can. The URX is just such a pain to take off i havent bothered.

I think AAC screwed the pooch with this rail system. At least for the civ market. The guns that went to the Mil had support in place to deal with the rail. Hard to find a civilian shop with the correct wrench to remove the darn thing
BC98
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BC98 »

The URX rails really are quite good. I've got a couple of my own and ended up buying the wrench and having a set of vice jaws cut to hold the rail alignment. Once you get used to the installation technique, they really do come off quite easily.

If either of you would like to cover shipping both ways, I would be more than happy to remove your rails from the upper at no cost. I would just ask that you remove your muzzle device and gas block.