Complaint....

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Complaint....

Post by cwlongshot »

My buddy was all excited about a 300 upper after shooting my Ruger into sub MOA all summer. He did his research and repeatedly herd that AAC was the place to go bar none. He plunked bow big dollars for the quality of AAC, the maker of the cartridge he wanted.

He bought a AAC 300 upper about two years ago. He has loved shooting this upper and it shot very, very well. Just before deer season we started to see it throwing a flyer here and there.
We did everything we could think of. From double checking loads to multiple good cleanings. We disassembled the upper and had the barrel nut re torqued and all bolts on tube re lock tighted. It improved, but was still doing it, then steadily it went form a honest 3/4 moa barrel to a 1.5 MOA barrel. ALL loads simply would not group as well.

He contacted AAC and they said send it in and sent a call tag. GREAT! He boxed it and sent it right out, they had it in a couple days.

Correspondence since was pretty good, BUT he had to call them to get any info. After a week, he learned that they had a run of bad barrels and likely this was one of them. Seems a burr has developed in many and speculation was that was causing the issues. It would be 4-6 weeks for repair. It was under WARRANTY. That was early December last year.
He called last week as it should be close and he is anxious for his baby. He was told that the factory is OUT OF BARRELS and not going to manufacturer anymore uppers or Barrel PERIOD!?!?!?!? He would not have even known this, had he not called. They went on to tell him his money will be refunded, BUT it would take another three weeks, as they are currently at shot show. W T F kind of customer service is this?? First off, 4-6 weeks for repair...OK (that he has already mostly waited) AGAIN, he would not even know this, but he called them and now finds out, he wont get his upper back and altho will get a refund, its gonna take THREE MORE weeks for the REFUND.... because of SHOT SHOW??? This sounds pretty poor from a company such as AAC.

Currently he is sending them a copy of the receipt and WAITING for them.

I don't know if anyone from AAC monitors this here, but any and all help rectifying this situation is MUCH APPRECIATED! I will supply contact info if you pm me.

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Complaint....

Post by smustian »

Sounds like the type of crap that happens once Remington acquired AAC and The Freedom Group acquired Remington.
Boolit_Head
Silent But Deadly

Post by Boolit_Head »

And when Remington acquired Para they did the same thing to me.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

wow that disappointing situatino to say the least :(
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

Robert Silvers owns the site and posts here. Various AAC/Remington employees have posted over the years.
Good info, thanks for the heads up!

At least he got to shoot for free for two years and gets 1000.00 cash to go buy or build a nice complete upper.

Frustrating, yes, but give credit where credit is due. They didn't leave him hanging. They made good on a warranty that was expired and didn't give corporate hassle of " 1 year warranty, can't help you since it has been two years"

I have had quality issues with AAC. They have made it right.

There is one guy handling all warranty claims. Can you imagine how busy he is? :lol: I give props that they still answer the phone instead of relegating all communications to email.

I have 4 AAC barrels. 3 are Blackout and 1 is 5.56 and one of those is a MPW rifle. I have handle three of their BCG, and half a dozen AAC Silencers. I have some observations on machining and quality. Praise and some head shaking. It's why My last Silencer purchase wasn't AAC but I placed an order in their web store last month.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

I don't know that I would go so far as to say that he got to shoot it "for free" for two years; the time spent pulling out their hair fiddling with loads, checking the gun trying to see what (if anything) they were doing wrong, and the general frustration of it all are worth something. That said, if AAC is no longer making those products there's not much else they can do to fulfill their warranty obligation beyond what they did.

I've tried to get questions answered over the phone (not by AAC, it was another well known company) during the week of SHOT and it was indeed a frustrating experience... The person I spoke with was polite and professional and simply unable to answer my question. Shops and manufacturers attending will naturally send their best and most knowledgeable people to the event attended by everybody who is anybody in the industry, and you basically get enough staff left behind to answer the phone and take messages. It sucks if you are trying to get anything done during that time but it is what it is.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

Shit happens. Imagine if it was from a company that's no longer in business, he'd be SOL. As for the SHOT show delays, lots of small businesses that attend it shut down for that week.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

TMD wrote:Shit happens. Imagine if it was from a company that's no longer in business, he'd be SOL. As for the SHOT show delays, lots of small businesses that attend it shut down for that week.

WOW... your empathy is OVERWHELMING!! You acceptance of poor CS astounding. GOOD $$ is paid in to these companies and there is NOTHING TRUER to what they are than how they treat a customer AFTER THE SALE.

OK, after multiple more calls and three more lost emails in to them. A manager of customer relations has his receipt and will expedite cutting the check to next week. That's how things work there. In this week, cut next. OK fine.

He is deciding if he should build or buy. He likels a few models from TROY. But also likes this BCG and THAT float tube and THIS upper... so may just build one for himself.

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

You are lucky they warrantied it after it was completely disassembled and then reassembled. Not many companies will do that. And then to get a refund two years later and after shooting the barrel out is above customer service. What AAC has done goes far beyond what most companies would have done. Shooting a barrel until it no longer shoots well is not a warranty issue, it is a wear issue that happens to all barrels eventually. You said yourself it was shooting great then accuracy started to fall off. Just because they said they had a batch of bad barrels doesn't mean your friend's upper had one of them. Sounds like AAC was being nice by making excuses to keep the customer happy. Like I said if the barrel shot great at first then went to hell then the problem is not with the barrel or the upper.

Was the bore ever cleaned really well to remove the copper fouling?

How many rounds were on the upper. What type of 147's? Some 147's on the market actually have steel jackets and cause premature wear of the barrel. If a person were to shoot several thousand of those the accuracy would, no doubt, fall off and if that is the case it is not a quality issue.

Even if you have great customer service all it takes is one person who is upset to significantly impact a business, especially with the internet. We had a local company become the victim of a pissed off customer. The company was a great company but one person made it their mission to ruin them over having to wait. This one customer complained that one of the workers helped another customer ahead of him. He was helped a few minutes later but the fact someone else was helped before him infuriated him so he started a campaign of bad publicity about the business. The company even publically apologized for it and told the customer to come back in. The customer did and was given something for free for his perceived inconvenience but that didn't matter. He continued to complain and the company went from a pretty successful business to closing its doors six months later and all because someone thought they had been wronged.

I try to get those who complain to imagine if every gun related company or gun shop they complained about closed their doors. It would not take too long before we would be left with only a few shops and that is bad for the consumer. The reason is if there is only one game in town they generally raise prices. Competition only serves to keep prices down close to where the market actually is. When you only have one they set the market price and some will pay it which only encourages them to keep the prices artificially inflated.

I just think you are complaining about something you should be bragging about.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

cwlongshot wrote:
TMD wrote:Shit happens. Imagine if it was from a company that's no longer in business, he'd be SOL. As for the SHOT show delays, lots of small businesses that attend it shut down for that week.

WOW... your empathy is OVERWHELMING!! You acceptance of poor CS astounding. GOOD $$ is paid in to these companies and there is NOTHING TRUER to what they are than how they treat a customer AFTER THE SALE.

OK, after multiple more calls and three more lost emails in to them. A manager of customer relations has his receipt and will expedite cutting the check to next week. That's how things work there. In this week, cut next. OK fine.

He is deciding if he should build or buy. He likels a few models from TROY. But also likes this BCG and THAT float tube and THIS upper... so may just build one for himself.

CW
You had me until you mentioned Troy.