Which 45 ACP host would you pick?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Bravo_Bravo
Silent Operator

Which 45 ACP host would you pick?

Post by Bravo_Bravo »

With silencerco hybrid. Also planing to add a micro red dot on the slide.

FNX Tactical - tall sights (I don't think they're suppressor height), slide is already milled for red dot, chf threaded barrel.

Or

HK 45 Tactical - standard sights, would need milled and cerakoted for red dot. Chf polygonal rifled barrel with O-ring lockup.
ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly

Re: Which 45 ACP host would you pick?

Post by ncbowhnter »

Bravo_Bravo wrote:With silencerco hybrid. Also planing to add a micro red dot on the slide.

FNX Tactical - tall sights (I don't think they're suppressor height), slide is already milled for red dot, chf threaded barrel.

Or

HK 45 Tactical - standard sights, would need milled and cerakoted for red dot. Chf polygonal rifled barrel with O-ring lockup.
With the hybrid, I don't believe there are any suppressor sights that will work because the hybrid is so large.
I also have a hybrid and I chose to suppress a 9mm pistol first. I went with the glock 34 mos. Nice and quiet. Vortex venom on top works great.
As far as the 45, it's not as quiet as 9 but I also went with glock again. I'm sure there are better options, but for the money I like glock.
If I had to choose between the two u listed I would take the hk.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I just recently bought an HK Tactical in 45 ACP. I have put maybe 100 round through it to date suppressed with my reloads.

It is single action/double action, similar to a Sig with a decoder. Single action pull is just under 5 lbs. Double at 11 lbs.

The polygonal rifling is something you just have to live with. I shoot almost exclusively X-treme plated bullets in my pistols so has not been a factor for me.

The LH threaded barrel was a surprise. Thanks to the good people here, I have learned how to use Blue Loctite on the barrel threads successfully.

I'm happy with my purchase.
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

:)
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst, boing or explode, it's not worth shooting.
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

.....my personal preference for .45ACP hosts is the 1911, but only bcuz I've been using them for over 30 years...

...between the 2 you mentioned, I'd go with the FN, primarily due the fact that as part of it's design the optional use of a RDS was engineered into it. I also prefer the FN's grip angle as it closely resembles that of John Browning's original grip angle of the 1911.

...the mag release of the HK is not one I'd want to have in a "real world" scenario..... just too great of a chance of it snagging on gear/clothing and dropping a mag when you least need it to. Activating it in a stressful situation is also less "intuitive" IMHO.

...the initial "cost to own" price is similar for both, but the extra milling and re-coating work to make the HK RDS ready drives the cost up significantly. The type of milling can also limited to one type of RDS system, i.e., RMR, Delta Point, Docter, FastFire, etc. The FN is such that multiple mounting plates can be used, giving the user a choice of RDS units to use. If you have the HK milled, just make sure it's done in a manner to give you some flexibility in mounts that can be used.

Accuracy potential between the 2 is similar so no real consideration there.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

strobro32 wrote:Image

:)

This would be the kalifornia kompliant model? :shock:
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

Where would I find an Octane mount for this 45?

If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst, boing or explode, it's not worth shooting.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

I have well over a thousand rounds through my fnh 45t and have zero complaints. In fact I sold my 1911 the other day and bought a second. I have a rmr and a osprey. The sights barely clear the osprey so I doubt the will clear a round suppressor. I think the hk only holds ten rounds as opposed to the fnh 15 rounds.
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

I went with the FNH (right in pic). I have very little experience iwth the HK, and zero suppressed. I opted for the RMR and Griffin Revo and a Streamlight TLR-2 HG. I have been very happy with it. The only issue has been the blowback from the action gets the RMR dirty pretty quickly.
Bravo_Bravo
Silent Operator

Post by Bravo_Bravo »

With the hybrid, I don't believe there are any suppressor sights that will work because the hybrid is so large.
I also have a hybrid and I chose to suppress a 9mm pistol first. I went with the glock 34 mos. Nice and quiet. Vortex venom on top works great.
As far as the 45, it's not as quiet as 9 but I also went with glock again. I'm sure there are better options, but for the money I like glock.
If I had to choose between the two u listed I would take the hk.
I'm new to pistol cans and didn't realize the Hybrid is too big to see over suppressor height sights. Good to know I guess. I already have a 9mm host. Got an M&P Core. Honestly I'm disappointed with the build quality. The trigger is awful on the one I got and there is a ton of slop in the slide. Thinking about sending it back.