Question on Ruger 22/45 uppers?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

F224
Senior Silent Operator

Question on Ruger 22/45 uppers?

Post by F224 »

So I have a spare Ruger 22/45 frame with the Volquartsen trigger and accuracy kit installed. I want an integral upper with iron sights. The question is who makes the best? Price is not an object within reason ($1000?) but as you know we all hate the wait time to get our form 4's approved, so a manufacture who can issue a serial number at the time of order and get my side going quickly would be best.

Reliability and accuracy is more important than a DB or two quieter.
Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Re: Question on Ruger 22/45 uppers?

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Personally I would buy a threaded 22/45 and a screw on silencer. That way when you want to try it on something else you can. When I first fired mine I giggled then I had to get every other gun in the house threaded so I could try it on everything else.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:Personally I would buy a threaded 22/45 and a screw on silencer. That way when you want to try it on something else you can. When I first fired mine I giggled then I had to get every other gun in the house threaded so I could try it on everything else.

Happened to me, too! I had to go ut and buy one of the inexpensive but insanely fun and accurate Savage bolt guns in 22lr. What a hoot. I swear the firing pin is louder than the rifle.

But, for the OP's question, I am afraid I only have the threaded (by Adco Firearms) original 22/45 upper half.
F224
Senior Silent Operator

Post by F224 »

I have two thread on suppressors already for my rimfires, I want an integral unit also.
Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Post by farm use »

I think Tactical solutions might make a upper thats integral suppressed for the 22/45.