Some questions for all the Stamp guru's??

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Harlequin1138
Silent Operator

Some questions for all the Stamp guru's??

Post by Harlequin1138 »

My local gun shop has an Omega in stock, it's $1449 OTD pricing including tax stamp, taxes, and transfer. Comes with 5.56 mountcand 30 cal mount for my 300 blkout, is this a good price? Also looking at the Rugged Surge suppressor but he's not a dealer with them. TIA
.45 because shooting twice is just silly.
rpk47
Silent But Deadly

Re: Some questions for all the Stamp guru's??

Post by rpk47 »

It seems they have gone up in price since I got one when they hit the market. Silencer Shop has it listed for $1100 + 200 stamp + local dealer fee for transfer = it's not an amazing deal but its not far off either.
DoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoubleJ »

+1, you're not stealing it, but SS has good prices, you'd probably be hard pressed to find that setup at a substantially lower price.
I do not reply to posts with horrific grammar errors.

I do not reply to posts concerning the case mouth dent.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Buying locally also eliminates the wait associated with a form 3. Unless you live in the same state as one of the big online dealers.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

rpk47 wrote:It seems they have gone up in price since I got one when they hit the market. Silencer Shop has it listed for $1100 + 200 stamp + local dealer fee for transfer = it's not an amazing deal but its not far off either.
Unfortunately that's somewhat of a bogus listing. Silencer shop hasn't carried any of the silencerco suppressor sin almost a year now. I honestly can't remember exactly what my out the door price was for my omega but I paid right around 1000.00 + tax + stamp at my local dealer.
batman4706
Silent But Deadly

Post by batman4706 »

g22rmr
Silent But Deadly

Post by g22rmr »

I paid less than that for mine in July.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

That price seems to be to high. I paid $1033 total when they first came out. Capitol Armory in Texas is where I purchased all 3 of my cans and am a big fan of them now. In fact I now live in Az and will still order from them in the future.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
madmax
Silent Operator

Post by madmax »

+1 Seems a bit high to me...but get it. Price seems to be going up, and a can in jail is worth two in the pipeline. I think I got mine for about $800 plus 4% sales tax and ATF stamp when they first came out (SN OMG-00XX), so it was less than $1100 out the door (but then, I rationalize can purchases by mentally separating the costs so it seems less painful). If they have it in stock, it is much faster than Fm 3 time, you can have it a few months sooner. Also, it is a great can: buy once, cry once, and you'll forget the relatively small difference in cost in 9 months when you get to shoot it. It is my go-to hunting can. Last year my son killed his 6X6 elk at 250 yards with it on a .308 and I just killed a bear with my .300WM/Omega, less than 100 yards from a house with the windows open. Homeowner (who gave me permission to hunt there) said she never heard the shot. Recoil, even on a .300WM is about nil with that thing. I'd say get it, even if it is a bit high compared to the best deals on the interwebs. You won't be disappointed.
thisguysguns
Silent But Deadly

Post by thisguysguns »

Harlequin1138 wrote:My local gun shop has an Omega in stock, it's $1449 OTD pricing including tax stamp, taxes, and transfer. Comes with 5.56 mountcand 30 cal mount for my 300 blkout, is this a good price? Also looking at the Rugged Surge suppressor but he's not a dealer with them. TIA
I suppose it depends. The can runs a little over $1000, the one I saw had came with a 5/8x24 fixed barrel adapter. If you are getting muzzle devices with the can, you are going to need the ASR mount, which is (I think) about $200, and each muzzle device is like $80.

$1000 (Omega)
+ 200 (ASR adapter)
+ 160 (2 muzzle devices)
-----------------------------
$1360
+ 200 (tax stamp)
-----------------------------
$1560

If I'm correct (which I'm probably not), $1449 isn't too bad. Unless of course you are just getting a 1/2x28 fixed barrel adapter with the can, then you are probably not getting the best deal.
$1.35 a day... Best job I ever had.