A potential big problem ahead, advice needed.........

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Post Reply
rb288
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:07 pm
Location: Grovertown, Indiana

A potential big problem ahead, advice needed.........

Post by rb288 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:21 pm

So I have purchased 4 suppressors from a local gun store, a hybrid (form 4 filed in March), a 9k (form 4 filed in May), and 2 omegas (form 4s not yet filed).
The problem is this, one of the owners of the store has terminal cancer and they have closed the store.
They say that they will still have an "on line" presence and that all outstanding NFA items will be honored and delivered.
They are holding filing the form 4s for the omegas because they may be selling the store and inventory.

They are holding off filing anymore form 4s until they know the sale status.

My concern, which was relayed to them, was I wanted this done before July 13th but don''t know if it will be done.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to proceed will be greatly appreciated.

I'm afraid it may be getting to late to demand a refund and find 2 omegas somewhere else that can be processed prior to the deadline.

HELP!!!!!

BulletFlight for Android
User avatar
John A.
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 793
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:55 pm

Re: A potential big problem ahead, advice needed.........

Post by John A. » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:02 pm

I hate the circumstances about the suppressors. Especially being terminally ill.

It sounds as if they are not expecting him to survive long enough to get your paperwork back to complete the other transfers.

Personally, I would request a refund and try to find the suppressors elsewhere. Too many loose ends with this one. I hate to sound cold hearted because I am not, but there are too many uncertainties to follow through with these at this point.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.

realtreehunter
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Re: A potential big problem ahead, advice needed.........

Post by realtreehunter » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:40 pm

^this

User avatar
orbitup
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: A potential big problem ahead, advice needed.........

Post by orbitup » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:29 pm

X3

TMD
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1464
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:35 am
Location: San Angelo, TX

Re: A potential big problem ahead, advice needed.........

Post by TMD » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:31 pm

Get your money back and find a new toy store to shop at.

ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:06 pm

Re: A potential big problem ahead, advice needed.........

Post by ncbowhnter » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:58 pm

Yeah, if they sell the store and inventory, the suppressors will have to be transferred to the new store owner as well. I can see where this would be a hot mess

User avatar
dellet
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 6386
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: A potential big problem ahead, advice needed.........

Post by dellet » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:24 pm

I had a potentially similar problem. The dealer was going out of business.

In my case the the item was already in the dealers possession and the form 4 was filed. I called ATF to ask what if anything I needed to be worried about. Basically if the form 4 is already filed, there is a process that might actually work out to your advantage for timing. In my case the store closed, but the owner retained his license until all transactions were complete.

If they are still on form 3 waiting to be transferred to your dealer, it will depend on the structure of the business. If it is a sole proprietor or corporation it might make a difference, but my guess is that unless there is already a sale in progress, it will not be complete in the next few weeks.

This is where a call to the friendly ATF office is worth it. Basically you are not the first one that this has happened to and they will help all they can.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.

Post Reply