Ever just wondered why?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly

Ever just wondered why?

Post by Walkers Bay »

So i bought another suppressor today. ...truth is I'm not even sure what Im going to put it on I don't have a 270.
Its never been used but has had 1 owner and was too cheap to walk past.

Its a Canterbury Guns Works spartan for a 270 7-08 etc.
13.5” in length (340mm), 5” forward of muzzle & 8.5” back
Weight — 350grams  (alu internal muzzlebrake 5-6,000 rnd)
realtreehunter
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ever just wondered why?

Post by realtreehunter »

Yes, like I just wonder why there aren't any of those type suppressors here. I'd like to try one with all that internal area with so little actually added to the over all length of the can.

When you get a price you cant pass on a part for a gun you don't have, well that's just karma telling you that you need one of those guns!
Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly

Post by Walkers Bay »

realtreehunter wrote:Yes, like I just wonder why there aren't any of those type suppressors here. I'd like to try one with all that internal area with so little actually added to the over all length of the can.

When you get a price you cant pass on a part for a gun you don't have, well that's just karma telling you that you need one of those guns!
Never thought I'd it that way
The reason that you guys don't get them so light is because y'all want them to last forever.
The first stage is a muzzle breaked back blast chamber. Good cans not latest technology but proven long lasting.
This is a duralum non user serviceable.
Cost me about equivalent $140USD
realtreehunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by realtreehunter »

Given our ridiculous suppressor laws lasting forever is definitely a plus. I just wish they would make one that style but with a longer life obviously. I cant help but believe that with an expansion chamber that size it would have to be quieter than anything offered here.
Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly

Post by Walkers Bay »

realtreehunter wrote:Given our ridiculous suppressor laws lasting forever is definitely a plus. I just wish they would make one that style but with a longer life obviously. I cant help but believe that with an expansion chamber that size it would have to be quieter than anything offered here.

Just did a quick Google. It tested 115.2db with .223 55gr Barneal full velocity at 5 yards
forward. The quietest in test was a modular DPT at 113.5db but with DPT you just add more baffled sections on or replace burnt out baffles.
realtreehunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by realtreehunter »

Walkers Bay wrote:
realtreehunter wrote:Given our ridiculous suppressor laws lasting forever is definitely a plus. I just wish they would make one that style but with a longer life obviously. I cant help but believe that with an expansion chamber that size it would have to be quieter than anything offered here.

Just did a quick Google. It tested 115.2db with .223 55gr Barneal full velocity at 5 yards
forward. The quietest in test was a modular DPT at 113.5db but with DPT you just add more baffled sections on or replace burnt out baffles.
See, that's awesome, I want a can that can do that.
Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly

Post by Walkers Bay »

realtreehunter wrote:
Walkers Bay wrote:

See, that's awesome, I want a can that can do that.
dpt.co.nz these are cool. Looking at a muzzle foward for my 300blk. Mate has one on his 300win mag 700 rounds into it and no real baffle wear.

You guys must have some decent quite cans over there hell they cost enough you'd sure hope they were better.
. Not that Jesse james scam can either.

Oh I'll let you in on a trick for knocking a couple of DBs off your suppressor. Put a neoprene sleeve over it. Now its not going to love sustained fire but cuts out a bit of blast
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

Can you post a pic of how it mounts to the barrel?

On the neoprene sleeve, does it cover the muzzle, or jsut wrap around?
Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly

Post by Walkers Bay »

I haven't put this on a rifle yet so I burgled a couple of pics off google.
These suppressors just direct thead onto a 1/2x20 unf muzzle thread.
The cover is just a neoprene 'pipe' so no ends, just a tight fit holds it on.

If you want some more details of these suppressors like a picture of how they are built do cost/copy off I'm sure I could find a image or two. It's basic technology that just works and lasts well.