Stamp for my Omega finally came back! Two stamp build complete

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

RWA007
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Stamp for my Omega finally came back! Two stamp build complete

Post by RWA007 »

Nice setup!
Here are some pics of my 2 stamp gun...I also used a Spikes lower (Pirate). Mine has the 9" AAC upper on it and I also run an Omega suppressor. Concerning the muzzle brake on the end of the suppressor: I agree 100% that I do not like the way it looks and also was going to buy the flat end cap for it. But THEN, I took it out to the range to dial in a new scope and sat there and went thru about 100 rounds, all suppressed with my Omega. Got it all dialed in and started putting stuff away. I removed the suppressor, put it in it's little storage bag or whatever they call that and then I found a handful of ammo left over. So I loaded them into a mag and went ahead and shot them (5 rounds or so) WITHOUT the suppressor. It was then that I realized that even though the 300blk doesn't have much of a recoil, that little muzzle brake on the end of the Omega really really helps and smooths out the rifle a lot. Way more than I thought it would. Makes it seem like I'm shooting a .22. I was really surprised!
I use my Omega on both 300blk guns as well as 5.56 guns and I considered getting both the flat end caps for the .30 cal and the 5.56 cal, but have since decided that I like the muzzle brake too much and I don't want to accidentally risk having a 5.56 endcap on it when shooting 300blk so I didn't even order them and just use the factory muzzle brake endcap for everything. I recently did a few mag dumps with my Omega and got the titanium heat mark on it. At first I was mad but then found out that it is fairly normal with titanium cans to discolor like that. Silencerco would refinish it if I sent it in, but I sort of like the way it looks with that heat discoloration on it. :)
Anyway, enjoy your setup, it is awesome!

10ring1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 10ring1 »

Sweet build brother.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

Congrats and welcome to the club!

I have yet to put in some serious range time with my SBR. I have some extra incentive now that I have 300 of the 115gr Lehigh Defense CC all copper bullets. They should perform well with my SBR with that min FPS threshold of 1450fps!!!

Hoping to hunt with it this upcoming deer season :)
jwise
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jwise »

I desperately need to get to the range with several of my rifles. I've switched around my optics on my honeybadger and need to work on my dope with my 10.5" with subs.

J. Wise

[url=http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=81462]AR Guide[/url] -- [url=http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=107080]AK Guide[/url] -- [url=http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=107341]NFA Trust[/url]
Bravo_Bravo
Silent Operator

Post by Bravo_Bravo »

Max713 wrote:Got my stamp back last thursday, my two stamp 300 SBR/Omega is now finished. Very excited for how it turned out! Sweet running little gun, ran great suppressed with a variety of handloads.

What stock is that? Nice and compact.
Overton-AR
Silent But Deadly

Post by Overton-AR »

Bravo_Bravo wrote:
Max713 wrote:Got my stamp back last thursday, my two stamp 300 SBR/Omega is now finished. Very excited for how it turned out! Sweet running little gun, ran great suppressed with a variety of handloads.

What stock is that? Nice and compact.

Its the LWRC Ultra Compact. My absolute favorite stock for SBR's. I have my third on order.... :mrgreen:
Bravo_Bravo
Silent Operator

Post by Bravo_Bravo »

Overton-AR wrote:

Its the LWRC Ultra Compact. My absolute favorite stock for SBR's. I have my third on order.... :mrgreen:
It looks good, especially with the comp off the end of the Omega. That stock fixes one of my main complaints about AR SBR's. That they just aren't very compact, especially with a can hanging off the end.

The LWRC stock looks on par for size with the new LMT stock that appears slightly more complex (found on this 300BLK SBR, http://www.lmtstore.com/featured-produc ... dw300.html).

Unless the LMT is proven reliable and cheaper, I think I'll be going with the LWRC for my next SBR. Thanks!
Max713
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Max713 »

You got it, LWRC Ultra Compact. Love this stock.

JoeLiberty

Post by JoeLiberty »

Yoooo.... get out of my head.
I have the same stock (yes it's awesome), grip, trigger, optic, even bcg, and soon will also have omega!!!
I was real close to getting that same rail too. I just wasn't sure it'd work with my upper receiver. (Notice anything funny about it?)
PS this is my first post here :P
MeanCarbine

Post by MeanCarbine »

Nice. Which MI rail is that?