As of today, March 23rd, what is the quietest 7.62 can when shooting 300 blk subs?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

cornmastah

Re: As of today, March 23rd, what is the quietest 7.62 can when shooting 300 blk subs?

Post by cornmastah »

I have not shot a Surge, but I know that my Specwar is VERY quiet, especially with my bolt/single shot pistols & rifles. I have a Liberty Victory Magnum in jail that I am dying to test.
Alex Wilson
Silent But Deadly

Re: As of today, March 23rd, what is the quietest 7.62 can when shooting 300 blk subs?

Post by Alex Wilson »

I would agree with this post. All of the new designs are module. Surge, Razor, Gemtech, Obsidian, Ti-Rant, Sandman, Ghost, ect. It's the newest fad. I fell for it too. I have a Surge and Ti-Rant M in jail right now.

I really like Dead Air designs but man the like their cans. Very expensive and not available on silencershop, which makes them even more expensive.
jrodicus
Silent Operator

Post by jrodicus »

Dr.Phil wrote:
RAINS wrote:It might not beat all the other cans on a DB meter but it will sound quieter to the human ear. It's not just about raw DB numbers. Frequency of sound has a lot to do with it. DB numbers can and do lie. Good luck!

R
It took me a long time to realize that db reduction is actually one of the last things you should consider in a suppressor.
Length
Weight
Mounting System
Durability
Precision / Accuracy Potential
Tone

All of those items are much more important that raw db.
I would prioritize suppression above all those things. At least for a first can or couple of cans. But that's me. Arfcom has posts all the time about "why is my suppressor so loud".... come to find out the guy bought a short "k" model thinking it would be quiet. :roll:
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

jrodicus wrote:
Dr.Phil wrote:
RAINS wrote:It might not beat all the other cans on a DB meter but it will sound quieter to the human ear. It's not just about raw DB numbers. Frequency of sound has a lot to do with it. DB numbers can and do lie. Good luck!

R
It took me a long time to realize that db reduction is actually one of the last things you should consider in a suppressor.
Length
Weight
Mounting System
Durability
Tone

I would prioritize suppression above all those things. At least for a first can or couple of cans. But that's me. Arfcom has posts all the time about "why is my suppressor so loud".... come to find out the guy bought a short "k" model thinking it would be quiet. :roll:
Short can be quiet...
I have an SRT Universal Typhoon for my 5.56, it is under 138db and is only a little over 5 inches.
The down side to that can is that it is heavy as a brick and gives up accuracy for the universal mount.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
BLACKMAX1

Post by BLACKMAX1 »

smustian wrote:I will be using formed freeze plugs. I have a drawing on paper as to what I expect to build but still need to order parts to see how it will even fit together. I do not expect ATF approval until Jun/Jul so I am really in no big hurry.
Thanks, looks like we're in the same boat.
mavdan

Post by mavdan »

RAINS wrote: ...Integral from liberty or whitt machine will be the quietest semi 300blk. ... R
This...

and the new liberty integral (w titanium core and new end cap design) has a lower tone than the original and metered slightly better.
Kadonny
Silent Operator

Post by Kadonny »

mavdan wrote:
RAINS wrote: ...Integral from liberty or whitt machine will be the quietest semi 300blk. ... R
This...

and the new liberty integral (w titanium core and new end cap design) has a lower tone than the original and metered slightly better.
I have one of these in jail, not the titaniam but the original. I've heard that it is indeed one of the quietest. I can hardly wait for jailbreak.
NRA Life Member
Jeep Fanatic
YHM Sidewinder
Liberty Leonidas
AAC SR-5
mavdan

Post by mavdan »

Kadonny wrote:
mavdan wrote:
This...

I have one of these in jail, not the titaniam but the original. I've heard that it is indeed one of the quietest. I can hardly wait for jailbreak.
The Ti was metered on a different day and under different conditions than the original, so the data isn't really conclusive. The tone difference is subtle but I noticed it.

You're gonna love it!
vux
Silent Operator

Post by vux »

Dr.Phil wrote:

R
Length
Weight
Mounting System
Durability
Tone

And these are the reason why I don't have just 1 Omega but, 2.
Southern 300

Post by Southern 300 »

I have a buddy that is NOT impressed with how quiet his new Omega is. They claim 118 db too. Surefire claims 120 with their 300 SPS.

Until you get third party objective about these things it is all personal opinion, which has been known to be fickle. :mrgreen:

I would like to know Di,ensigns and weight on freeze plug cans that will be quieter. Those sound interesting.