Anyone using NikonP300 scope on suppressed AR?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

104timberwolf

Anyone using NikonP300 scope on suppressed AR?

Post by 104timberwolf »

Been looking at scope options, in addition to my Eotech, to use on a suppressed AR subsonic. The Nikon P300 seems to get good reviews. Curious if anyone here has any experience with it.
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Re: Anyone using NikonP300 scope on suppressed AR?

Post by farm use »

It is a good scope for the 300. In been using one for little over a year now. I use it for subs and supers just using drops in the reticle.
SilenceThis

Post by SilenceThis »

I have one on an SBR that I built for my wife to deer hunt with. She is using a Harvester suppressor so no real supersonic action there, but from my own handling and shooting with it, the scope holds zero well, has clear image quality, and isn't too terribly heavy (all within price range expectations).
If it goes bang, it could be going pssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhh.
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

No complaints and no regrets about mine.
Boolit_Head
Silent But Deadly

Post by Boolit_Head »

I'm using the P223 on a blackout that will be suppressed as soon as the stamp is approved. I'm not as enthused with the Nikon scopes as i used to be. Their bullet drop system is just odd. I really like the Vortex scopes and even their low line is much clearer.
GeorgeK

Post by GeorgeK »

I have a few, on my 300s and 223s and pistols. I do wish I could get a bit more eye relief on the pistols but haven't found
anything I like as much in the price range, granted I do have to hug it a bit without shouldering them. I like them. Biggest
problem for me having them on different things is zero is zero but after that they are all different because of caliber and
barrel length.
(old and can't remember)
GeorgeK

Post by GeorgeK »

double tap sorry
blueeyephil

Post by blueeyephil »

So does anyone shoot a variety of ammo with this scope by having multiple turrent settings? Like take your most common load and sight in distance get it sighted in and set the turrents at zero/zero. Then take a second load and sight it in and record the turrent settings. Then for every new load go back to zero on the turrents to set for your #1 load and zero the new load and record the settings.

I bought this scope with that thought in mind. That and keeping a dope book with spot on info for each load. I figure to have at least four or five loads I want to be set up for between subs and supers.

I hope to work up my first load and sight it in this weekend.
oodnoodn

Post by oodnoodn »

blueeyephil wrote:So does anyone shoot a variety of ammo with this scope by having multiple turrent settings?
Yes. My standard supersonic load is the "0/0" setting with a 100yd zero. I reset the elev turret (up 32 clicks or "8" on the turret, going from memory) for 50yd zero of my standard 220gr subsonic load. I have field reference charts from the Spoton app for super & sub loads printed out, laminated, & tied to a scope ring for quick reference. The laminated card is a carbine-AR deal, not enough stock to tape a drop chart to.

Works real well for me shooting known distances, but I kinda get the impression that a lot of folks that see the charts on my rifles don't quite grasp the simplicity of it.

My 300BLK AR has no zero shift between supressed/unsuppressed. Don't know why, but I'm quite happy with that fact. The suppressor does shift zero on my other scoped rifles, so those settings are annotated on their specific field reference charts.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

blueeyephil wrote:So does anyone shoot a variety of ammo with this scope by having multiple turrent settings?

I bought this scope with that thought in mind. That and keeping a dope book with spot on info for each load. I figure to have at least four or five loads I want to be set up for between subs and supers.
Exactly why I chose the P300 for my first Blk. 0/0 for main load and a cheat card with new settings depending on the bullet. SpotOn data out to 300 yards. The data might not be exact but will be close enough for hunting.