Ok, in search of Suppressor!!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Harlequin1138
Silent Operator

Ok, in search of Suppressor!!

Post by Harlequin1138 »

Looking at finally pulling the trigger on a Suppressor. I'm looking at the Omega and the Rugged Surge 7.62. I can't decide which one to get. I like them both and no I can't afford both right now lol.
.45 because shooting twice is just silly.
themonk
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Ok, in search of Suppressor!!

Post by themonk »

significant weight difference between the two. I think you need to prioritize your needs based on suppression, weight, blowback, durability, mounting solutions, etc.. and then make the choice that best aligns with your needs.
vux
Silent Operator

Post by vux »

What he says ^^

A suppressor is a lifetime purchase for most people. research it to death and then research some more.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

vux wrote:What he says ^^

A suppressor is a lifetime purchase for most people. research it to death and then research some more.
And put cost way down on your list. This is not something to put price at the top of your list.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

If your not going to shoot 300WM then get a AAC cyclone for about half the price of that omega.
I have one and it works just as well if not better than my QD one.
Doesn't really matter though you'll have one on every gun you shoot before it's over. My osprey just came in today and let me tell you this stuff never gets old. I was in the back yard shooting steel with the light and no ear plugs,grinning like a shit eatin possum. :mrgreen:
jonny4523

Post by jonny4523 »

I agree that price should of course be included in the discussion, but no where near the top of the priority list. I consider this a lifetime purchase. So any purchase price spread out over that many years will be pennies in comparison. Twenty years down the road, I wouldn't want to look back and say, "Man, I wish I had just forked up another $200 for Model X". I bought a Saker 762. It's a bit on the heavy side, but it's built like a TANK. I have no doubt that even though I abuse it now, it'll be around to pass on to my grand kids. Plus, in my opinion, it has a superior mounting system. And there were definitely cheaper suppressors. I have ZERO regrets.
Rangerwalker1971

Post by Rangerwalker1971 »

Harlequin1138 wrote:Looking at finally pulling the trigger on a Suppressor. I'm looking at the Omega and the Rugged Surge 7.62. I can't decide which one to get. I like them both and no I can't afford both right now lol.
I have shot both, and would go with with the Surge. The Omega is a great suppressor, but really not the quietest around.
The surge is quieter in it's full size configuration. Both are accurate, and have great CS.
The surge has the ability go from 9" to 7.5". comes with on 762 Brake.
Steve At Colonial Armory Can help you out.