flying suppressor!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

tXr
Silent But Deadly

Re: flying suppressor!

Post by tXr »

Technically the can was on his property, it was not LOST or stolen, he knew the exact location of the can. That is entirely different than having the can delivered without a signature and left god knows where.
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

Sithlord wrote:This is not about 'turning yourself in'. This is about filing a police report such that in the event of:
a) Insurance Claim
b) Some Criminal Act is performed with an item registered to you

This is a CYA move, NOT a turn yourself in move.
the problem comes in with that in this case we are discusing a registered NFA item - that as i understand it has to be in your control at all times. its not an item that you can even leave accessible to a spouse or (adult) child sharing your household if its registered in your name only - or in a trust and they're not trustee's legally able to possess the item.

so in that case - IMHO anyway - i have to 100% agree with Sithlord that notifying the AFT would have been in fact the correct CYA move.
tXr wrote: he knew the exact location of the can.
no in fact he did not. he knew an APPROXIMATE location of the can, and had to locate it with a metal detector to recover it. quite honestly, with the river running that high - he's lucky it didnt get swept quite a bit further downstream!

Luckily everything turned out ok - including an apparently undamaged suppressor!
tXr wrote:That is entirely different than having the can delivered without a signature and left god knows where.
i have to 100% agree with this though. UPS can be crappy about stuff like that too until you start using terms like "broken chain of custody" and then they'll start to take notice. especially when you're asking for the drivers name to use when filing a police report :lol:. Been there, done that with (non NFA) firearm parts that got lost during shipment after being picked up at the FFL where modifications were done. Amazingly enough once i started using that term - my package was 'found' within a few hours.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

You found it! Lucky dog! I was afraid it was gone forever. You know I was little so/so about buying an T-bac Ultra 7 over the omega. No so much anymore. It's so easy to mess up some mounts. The T-bac CB mount is so simple it's stupid good.

Congrats on finding the can! And yeah you probably should have let the ATF know what happened the same day it went swimming. Thanks for posting the story!

R
domestique

Post by domestique »

Congrats on finding the can........ but where are the pictures!?
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

thanks. I would like to post pictures but for some reason this is the only forum I am on that I can't. I have tried many times per instructions given here and on You Tube but it never works.
peace through superior firepower
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

if you'd like to pm me the links to the photos you want posted i'll make them work for you
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.