Post by Dr Fumbles »

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: no stamps needed

Post by plant.one »

the NRA also already did one of those too, i posted a link in the other thread

every bit helps though!

thanks for sharing another fine link.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
1975carman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 1975carman »

This sounds like a good idea, but only for the immediate future. I would think if the NFA repealed this law for silencers, it could be reinstated just a few years from now. Only then, it wouldn't be $200 anymore. It would be the equivalent of what $200 was back when it was first put into law. Which would really screw future generations. But no one thinks of that now. $200 thirty years from now would be like $20 then. And there would be no issue with paying an extra $20. There would be no "safe hearing act" mentioned because $20 isn't that much on top of a $600 silencer. The silencer companies want this to go through because they want your money NOW. They don't care you have to pay an extra $200, they just want to sell more silencers. So, I'm sure I'm the minority on this, but if you wanna screw future generations, go ahead and support this. I'd leave it alone.

Sure, I'd love to have more silencers, but with the innovations they have now with one silencer for many hosts, a bunch of silencers isn't necessary anymore.
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sharkbite »

Without a tax stamp needed, more companies would build integral suppressed guns as the norm. That would be cool
BlackLight
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BlackLight »

1975carman wrote:This sounds like a good idea, but only for the immediate future. I would think if the NFA repealed this law for silencers, it could be reinstated just a few years from now. Only then, it wouldn't be $200 anymore. It would be the equivalent of what $200 was back when it was first put into law. Which would really screw future generations. But no one thinks of that now. $200 thirty years from now would be like $20 then. And there would be no issue with paying an extra $20. There would be no "safe hearing act" mentioned because $20 isn't that much on top of a $600 silencer. The silencer companies want this to go through because they want your money NOW. They don't care you have to pay an extra $200, they just want to sell more silencers. So, I'm sure I'm the minority on this, but if you wanna screw future generations, go ahead and support this. I'd leave it alone.

Sure, I'd love to have more silencers, but with the innovations they have now with one silencer for many hosts, a bunch of silencers isn't necessary anymore.
Yeah, we should just give up, and accept our chains :roll:
Lefties are members of a suicide cult who want to compel your membership
VinnAY
Silent But Deadly

Post by VinnAY »

If anyone thinks this would, 1) pass both houses of Congress, 2) be signed in to law by this President, you should get your head examined.

It's completely useless bullshit.
idaho.jon
Silent But Deadly

Post by idaho.jon »

VinnAY wrote:If anyone thinks this would, 1) pass both houses of Congress, 2) be signed in to law by this President, you should get your head examined.

I think most people would have said that we'd be dreaming just to think of someone introducing it, let alone multiple legislators sponsoring it. It's only useless if we give up on it.
Dr Fumbles
Silent Operator

Post by Dr Fumbles »

1975carman wrote:This sounds like a good idea, but only for the immediate future. I would think if the NFA repealed this law for silencers, it could be reinstated just a few years from now. Only then, it wouldn't be $200 anymore. It would be the equivalent of what $200 was back when it was first put into law. Which would really screw future generations. But no one thinks of that now. $200 thirty years from now would be like $20 then. And there would be no issue with paying an extra $20. There would be no "safe hearing act" mentioned because $20 isn't that much on top of a $600 silencer. The silencer companies want this to go through because they want your money NOW. They don't care you have to pay an extra $200, they just want to sell more silencers. So, I'm sure I'm the minority on this, but if you wanna screw future generations, go ahead and support this. I'd leave it alone.

Minority for sure. You want to wait longer, be more restricted, and pay the government more money in hopes that the value of the dollar is inflated by a magnitude in 30 years. You could also increase this outdate amount to $2000, to restore the original intent of the restriction (poor people shouldn't have fun). Your statement amounts to "if I hide away in this corner it will be safe to come out in 30 years, probably."
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

idaho.jon wrote:
VinnAY wrote:If anyone thinks this would, 1) pass both houses of Congress, 2) be signed in to law by this President, you should get your head examined.

I think most people would have said that we'd be dreaming just to think of someone introducing it, let alone multiple legislators sponsoring it. It's only useless if we give up on it.
while i agree that it stands a snowball's chance in hell of el-presidente signing it, it still deserves all the attention we can give it to our elected officials in the house and senate.

defeatist attitudes are our worst enemy by far.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
1975carman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 1975carman »

Hahahaha! Go for it guys! Yeah! Rock the Vote!

Just be sure you know who started this (a silencer company) and what bandwagon you're jumping on. This type of stuff screws the future generations and you're in the "I want it now" mentality. You have no problem paying taxes everyday, and your complaining about this? The tax can not be raised as is. "The $200 tax was quite prohibitive at the time (equivalent to $3,538 in 2015). With a few exceptions, the tax amount is unchanged.[3][4]" That's actually great news, but you want more. You could be paying that amount ($3,538), and you're whining about $200? Don't give me that "I don't want to give my $ to the gov't!" You do it everyday... Better yet, here's a copy and pasted list of taxes you're NOT bitching about, and should be. Right now, I mean RIGHT NOW, you're using something that requires you to pay the gov't.

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

Capital Gains Tax

CDL license Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Court Fines (indirect taxes)

Dog License Tax

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel permit tax

Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)

Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)

IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)

Liquor Tax

Local Income Tax

Luxury Taxes

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Property Tax

Real Estate Tax

Septic Permit Tax

Service Charge Taxes

Social Security Tax

Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)

Sales Taxes

Recreational Vehicle Tax

Road Toll Booth Taxes

School Tax

State Income Tax

State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)

Telephone federal excise tax

Telephone federal universal service fee tax

Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes

Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax

Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax

Telephone state and local tax

Telephone usage charge tax

Toll Bridge Taxes

Toll Tunnel Taxes

Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)

Trailer registration tax

Utility Taxes

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Watercraft registration Tax

Well Permit Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

Again, just stop and think about this, or any other type of issue like this. If I was "anti-gun" (which I'm not), I would WANT this to pass. Just to reinstate it later, with an even higher tax, and think to myself "suckers!" Because that would really limit silencer sales and probably put any companies that are involved with that out of business.

Silencer sales are higher than ever right now-and you want to change that?