AAC 762 SDN6

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Doc68
Silent But Deadly

AAC 762 SDN6

Post by Doc68 »

Finally out of jail. My first NFA item ever. I freaking love it. Shot it on my 300 BO with my subs and supers and also on my AR pistol. Freaking love it!
ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC 762 SDN6

Post by ncbowhnter »

Yup, get your checkbook out, cause this is just the beginning. Might as well add a 22 can to your collection.
shadepuppy

Post by shadepuppy »

Doc68 wrote:Finally out of jail. My first NFA item ever. I freaking love it. Shot it on my 300 BO with my subs and supers and also on my AR pistol. Freaking love it!
Doc, could you talk about the sdn-6 and 300 bo subs, quietness, need ear protection or not, etc. I have an sdn-6 in jail that is due out any day, i plan to use mine exclusively on 300 bo subs. reason i'm skeptical i've just about given up trying to suppress .45 pistol with octane 45.......it just makes to big of a hole in the air imho

thanks
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

shadepuppy wrote:
Doc68 wrote:Finally out of jail. My first NFA item ever. I freaking love it. Shot it on my 300 BO with my subs and supers and also on my AR pistol. Freaking love it!
Doc, could you talk about the sdn-6 and 300 bo subs, quietness, need ear protection or not, etc. I have an sdn-6 in jail that is due out any day, i plan to use mine exclusively on 300 bo subs. reason i'm skeptical i've just about given up trying to suppress .45 pistol with octane 45.......it just makes to big of a hole in the air imho

thanks

I have a SDN - 6 that I run on my 8" SBR. With subs it's silly quiet. I also have an Octane 45 and like you I wasn't impressed the first few times I used it then I finally remembered to try running it wet. Night and day difference. Just an ounce ot so of wire pulling jel or water does wonders.
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

shadepuppy wrote:
Doc, could you talk about the sdn-6 and 300 bo subs, quietness, need ear protection or not, etc.
Definitely hearing safe and no ear protection needed for that combination..
shadepuppy

Post by shadepuppy »

TMD wrote:
shadepuppy wrote:

thanks

I have a SDN - 6 that I run on my 8" SBR. With subs it's silly quiet. I also have an Octane 45 and like you I wasn't impressed the first few times I used it then I finally remembered to try running it wet. Night and day difference. Just an ounce ot so of wire pulling jel or water does wonders.
TMD, Thanks for the input, I've changed a few things on the Octane 45 HD in search of quieter results. I've installed a 9mm piston as well as a 9mm end cap, I have some 158gr 9mm ammo that will be here on Wed. I'm familiar with the wet process so I'll try it wet with the 158's w/ a G17. I've been shooting a long time, I know there's no such thing as "Hollywood Quiet" but the Octane (dry) on a G21 was a real disappointment , I even tried a variety of recoil spring weights, hoping to eliminate ejection port bark.....no luck....after the 9mm experiment, I'll try the Octane/G21 again ...this time wet. Thanks for the help
shadepuppy

Post by shadepuppy »

RDA wrote:
shadepuppy wrote:
Doc, could you talk about the sdn-6 and 300 bo subs, quietness, need ear protection or not, etc.
Definitely hearing safe and no ear protection needed for that combination..

Thanks RDA for the info, I appreciate the help
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

I also have the 9mm end cap, 9mm piston, 9mm fixed mount and a 300 fixed mount. On my 9mm ar with 147s it makes a world of difference over the 45 end cap but being that 9mm ar's are blow back design they are still a bit loud. Only setup I haven't tried yet is the 300 mount only because I've been too lazy to remove my aac adapter. One of these days I'll get around to it.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

Congrats on the new can. I guarantee it won't be your only one.

On the Octane side topic, do you guys actually notice a sound difference between the 1/2x28 piston/spacer and the 1/2x28 fixed mount?
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

rimshaker wrote:Congrats on the new can. I guarantee it won't be your only one.

On the Octane side topic, do you guys actually notice a sound difference between the 1/2x28 piston/spacer and the 1/2x28 fixed mount?
The piston / fixed mount has nothing to do with how it sounds. The piston mounts are for pistols so they will still cycle with the weight of the can on the end of the barrel. Fixed mounts are for rifle applications.