Good can for 9' 300blk and cast lead rounds?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Good can for 9' 300blk and cast lead rounds?

Post by RAINS »

I'm starting to put together a 9' 300blk sbr/pistol. I want to get a suppressor for it. I will be hand loading mostly cast lead subs for plinking. I will be toting it around with supers at times too. I don't want to destroy a can by accidentally shooting supers in it. I'm looking at a Mystic X or maybe a gemtech gmt-300. I know the mystic X should be a great can. But I'm thinking the gmt-300 might be a bit quieter. I don't have another else to stick a can on right now so this will be for 300blk only. Thanks!
wlc
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Good can for 9' 300blk and cast lead rounds?

Post by wlc »

I have a Mystic and love it on my 300BLK. I really don't think you will be dis-satisfied with a Mystic-X. I know it is a 9mm can, but I use in on 9mm less than any other thing I have that is threaded. The Liberty folks are great to work with if you should ever need CS.
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

I'm leaning towards the mystic X due to it's spotless history and stainless guts. I wonder how one would clean lead off of ti baffles?
bamabaxter
Silent But Deadly

Post by bamabaxter »

I would recommend not shooting cast boolits through your can unless you coat them.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
Pink_Vapor
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Pink_Vapor »

Powder-coat your cast bullets, don't use a gas checks through your can (they could wreak havoc if they came loose), the lead can be cleaned out by soaking in a 50/50 mix of vinegar and hydrogen peroxide- once the lead is removed the solution is dangerous and must be treated and disposed of as hazardous material, lead acetate I believe.
I'm using a 7" 30cal Ti can on a 10" barrel, the subs sound like a 22lr rifle, get a larger can if you want it quieter.
Hogan billet, Geissele SSA-E, 10" SS 300BLK McGowan, Seekins MSCR V2, NiB BCG, TBAC
Mega billet, 6.5 Grendel 18" SS McGowan, Geissele NM Hi Speed, NiB BCG, Magpul PRS, MCSR guard, TBAC :)