wtrski76

Re: Best barrel suppressor combo for SBR

Post by wtrski76 »

best = Liberty leonidas integral.
68Guy
Silent But Deadly

Post by 68Guy »

merica_1776 wrote:What is the best barrel / supressor combo for a future SBR upper build.
You know this questions is red herring right? Not slamming you but there IS NO answer to the question. Everyone will answer with THIER "best" barrel suppressor combo and for them, it may be the best. To really answer YOUR question however, you would need to provide some context such as:

-what will you primarily be using the SBR for? (may help define recommended length)
-will you primarily be shooting supers or subs? (may define which barrel twist/length to recommend)
-what is your budget? (you can spend over $400 on an AAC or as little as $100 for a decent barrel)
-will the suppressor be dedicated to this rifle or utilized on other weapons (may define if this should be direct threaded or QD mount)
-what is more important to you, saving weight or saving length? (may define a length and profile)

So for ME, the best combo was a MAS Defense 8" barrel with a YHM Phantom LT and a QD mount. Shoots supers and subs great, is very quiet and I can easily move the can between my 6.8, 308 and M4 so saves on $$ and tax stamps. I ring steel at 100 yards no issue at all so accuracy of this $109 barrel didnt justify me spending $400 on a barrel. So that is MY best but I dont claim it will be the best for everyone.
Retired USAFR, NRA Life Member, NSSF, IDPA Range Safety Officer, GSSF member. Multiple ARs including 5.56 M4, 6.8 SPC II and suppressed 300BLK 8" SBR.
sniper1

Post by sniper1 »

I have a Noveske 8.2 with an AAC Cyclone. Always makes me giggle. Still need to try it with the Octane 9HD2.

I strictly shoot subs, never without a can.

YMMV