Best barrel suppressor combo for SBR

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

merica_1776
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:31 pm

Best barrel suppressor combo for SBR

Post by merica_1776 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:03 pm

What is the best barrel / supressor combo for a future SBR upper build.

BulletFlight for Android
RDA
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: Best barrel suppressor combo for SBR

Post by RDA » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:09 am

merica_1776 wrote:What is the best barrel / supressor combo for a future SBR upper build.
AAC 9" with AAC 762-SDN-6

User avatar
Chedr
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 764
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:10 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest Washington

Re: Best barrel suppressor combo for SBR

Post by Chedr » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:21 am

Wheres the best place to get a AAC-762-SDN-6?

RDA
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: Best barrel suppressor combo for SBR

Post by RDA » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:44 am

Chedr wrote:Wheres the best place to get a AAC-762-SDN-6?
From a Class 3 Dealer.

dvp18
Silent Operator
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:34 am

Re: Best barrel suppressor combo for SBR

Post by dvp18 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:09 am

That's an impossible question to answer as it really boils down to what features are important to you in a suppressor. There are a lot of things to consider, length, weight, suppression, QD or thread on, Stellite or Inconel, how much POI shift there is. There is also a lot of variation between QD mounts, so you have to figure out which style you want. Certain ones would not work if you were wanting to hide the can under your hand guard.

Go to Silencer Shop, they have a ton of options to look at.

User avatar
Chedr
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 764
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:10 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest Washington

Re: Best barrel suppressor combo for SBR

Post by Chedr » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:20 am

I have been checking Silencer Shop daily. Always OOS so I joined the wait list.
I was interested in the AAC-762-SDN-6

User avatar
farm use
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1271
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:48 am
Location: SW virginia

Re: Best barrel suppressor combo for SBR

Post by farm use » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:50 am

dvp18 wrote:That's an impossible question to answer as it really boils down to what features are important to you in a suppressor. There are a lot of things to consider, length, weight, suppression, QD or thread on, Stellite or Inconel, how much POI shift there is. There is also a lot of variation between QD mounts, so you have to figure out which style you want. Certain ones would not work if you were wanting to hide the can under your hand guard.

Go to Silencer Shop, they have a ton of options to look at.
This^^^ I will add its just like anything in the firearms world it depends on what you are going to use it for and how much you want to spend. Im a thread on guy, I dont like the chance of wobble between my barrel and suppressor. I know many have had no problems but I have seen some that have. I have a Cyclone and can thread it off and on another host in seconds and I swap it quiet a bit between 4 other rifles. If your just going to shoot it at the range or where ever then most will work for you with weight concerned but if you want to hunt with it I would look into a titanium suppressor to cut weight.

As for a barrel thats totally up to you as for barrel length and manufacturer. I would choose a reputable barrel and then it depends on how long you want it. I would go with a 8" to 9" for a SBR, your not gaining anything but length unless your going to shot a lot of supers. You want it short thats why you want a SBR. If you want velocity go with a 16" carbine, thats why most of us couldn't stop with just one blkout...hahaha. I now have three.

Anyway that my 2cents, sorry im working mid nights and ramble on.

merica_1776
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Best barrel suppressor combo for SBR

Post by merica_1776 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:01 am

Hi thanks for all the help. I am new at the suppressor and SBR stuff and this is my first build with this caliber. I am wanting the can to hide underneath the handguard a little, but I am planning on using it on my 243 and 556. Im not opposed to having to remove the flash hider each time since the direct threads are lighter and cheaper. Also, it would be best if the POI had very little change with it.

I had also heard that QD cans are less accurate than thread on, is this true? I just figured with me wanting to hide the can under the handguard the thread on would be the way to go.

Thanks.

PS - someone on here told me to look at Dead Air Silencers - Its a new company (makers of SilencerCo) coming out with some nice cans early 2015. Anyone seen reviews of these? If they are good and the price isn't too bad I might hold off on one of them.

RDA
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: Best barrel suppressor combo for SBR

Post by RDA » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:24 pm

merica_1776 wrote:Hi thanks for all the help. I am new at the suppressor and SBR stuff and this is my first build with this caliber. I am wanting the can to hide underneath the handguard a little, but I am planning on using it on my 243 and 556. Im not opposed to having to remove the flash hider each time since the direct threads are lighter and cheaper. Also, it would be best if the POI had very little change with it.

I had also heard that QD cans are less accurate than thread on, is this true? I just figured with me wanting to hide the can under the handguard the thread on would be the way to go.
All of this would have been good to know if your first post. Your first post might have been easier to answer had you asked "what is the best car".

I'd suggest you get busy reading a lot of threads and doing more research and formulate more specific question(s).
merica_1776 wrote:PS - someone on here told me to look at Dead Air Silencers - Its a new company (makers of SilencerCo) coming out with some nice cans early 2015. Anyone seen reviews of these? If they are good and the price isn't too bad I might hold off on one of them.
There is probably not going to be any reviews on cans that aren't expected out until 2015....at least not an unbiased or third party review.

eastern_hunter
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:34 pm
Location: Charleston, WV

Re: Best barrel suppressor combo for SBR

Post by eastern_hunter » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:52 pm

Good to understand your expected use ... subs or subs and supers. Make a difference in the can you might choose.

For subs only, a barrel around 8" and an Octane 9HD2 with either a 3 lug or direct thread (depending on you desire for a quick release) works really well and isn't very heavy. Will also allow the use of cast projectiles.

For subs and supers a Saker 7.62 on a shorter barrel will work well at the cost of some weight and a more expensive can. Many other 30 cal cans are longer.

However you choose to go is likely you'll have a good time with it!

Post Reply