I just ordered a Thompson Machine Thirty

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ratas calientes
Silent Operator

I just ordered a Thompson Machine Thirty

Post by ratas calientes »

I just ordered a Thompson Machine Thirty. The dealer has my money, and he will place the order Monday.
Anyone else have one? Do you like it?
I decided to get one because it is user serviceable. I plan to shoot some cast bullets through it. I like the idea that I can take it apart to clean it.

Anyone have any idea how long Form 4s are taking? I already sent one in early summer for a .22 suppressor.
NRA Life Member
ASME
BSA
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Re: I just ordered a Thompson Machine Thirty

Post by randyrucker »

Form 4's were taking about 7 months, but with the shutdown I bet its out to 8 months now...
dead-bird
Silent But Deadly

Post by dead-bird »

I have one of his Zephyr .22lr cans. Been pleased with it.
HotGuns

Post by HotGuns »

I sell quite a few of the Thirtys to people just like you...they want something they can shoot cast bullets with.

They are good cans. A bit heavy though.

The last several Forms that I got were right at 10 months. I don't expect that to change anytime soon, the ATF is swamped with Forms and Trusts.
07/02 FFL
Maker of cool things to shoot...
ratas calientes
Silent Operator

Post by ratas calientes »

Thanks for the info.
NRA Life Member
ASME
BSA
BretJ
Silent Operator

Post by BretJ »

ratas calientes wrote:I just ordered a Thompson Machine Thirty. The dealer has my money, and he will place the order Monday.
Anyone else have one? Do you like it?
I decided to get one because it is user serviceable. I plan to shoot some cast bullets through it. I like the idea that I can take it apart to clean it.

Anyone have any idea how long Form 4s are taking? I already sent one in early summer for a .22 suppressor.

Have had a "Thirty" now for a bit. Built like a tank and sounds like a potato gun with the big hornady 225 grainers. Have it on a Noveske 8" SBR and love it....in a manly kind of way.....
"The opposite of hero is not villain. It is bystander."

"In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty."
Saint Aurelius Augustine

Bret
Noveau
Silent But Deadly

Post by Noveau »

I have one...and it is gathering dust at the dealer. My paperwork went early in July, so it'll be awhile for me. :evil:
Shep

Post by Shep »

My SBR check cleared 3/14/13 so I optimistically hoped for an October approval. A call at the end of Oct to the AFT shattered those dreams. The very friendly lady on the other end of the line informed me I had been assigned to an examiner on 5/23/13 and that it was taking up to 9 months from that date to approval. My new hope-for happy date is now the end of February 2014. I used a trust, so while I had her on the phone, I asked about that issue. She said they didn't know and wouldn't know what the status with trusts will be until Jan 2014.
I ordered 2 Thompson Thirty cans on July 18, 2013. The dealer didn't have them in stock, so I had to wait for that transfer. On Nov 7th, I got the call from the dealer saying they had the cans and the paperwork was on it's way. My two checks to the ATF were cleared on Nov 13. I hope to get my hands on them around this time next year. This paperwork also was submitted in the trust, so no telling what the outcome will be.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but WAITING SUX!