My design for QA/QD Muzzle Brake

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

My design for QA/QD Muzzle Brake

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Below I've got three concepts. The main body will be a bit smaller than 1 inch O.D. with a 30* mating shoulder. (the O.D. at the top of the mating shoulder will be greater than one inch) The top design is apx. 3 inches long and will add apx. 2.5 inches to the barrel length. The first chamber is an internal expansion area with a 60* port out the top. This will act as a compensator to counter muzzle rise. Two chambers follow that vent gas out the sides.

The middle design does away with the compensator chamber and shortens the length by almost an inch.

The bottom design has the conpensator chamber with only one chamber venting gas out the sides.

Oh, the threads. I'm thinking about doing two threads at 8tpi with about 1/3rd of an inch of threads.

Please shout any ideas on changes and what ya'll think would be the best. I'm not wanting to do any kind of ratchet type lockdown. I'm wanting to go in the Thunderbeast direction. I'm also wanting to keep the break as short as possible. I just don't know what the advantages are to having two chambers venting to the sides vs. one. Thank ya'll for any advice ya'll have.

JohnSkiS

Re: My design for QA/QD Muzzle Brake

Post by JohnSkiS »

http://vuurwapenblog.com/2013/10/03/ar1 ... on-part-1/

Check out this link or copy and paste it. It's talks about effective muzzle Brakes/Flash hiders. I found it pretty interesting, maybe it can give you some ideas.
mscott
Silent Operator

Post by mscott »

I'm sure the 2 chambered design will work just fine. I would make one without the top hole and take it to the range along with a drill and bits. Shoot a few rapid shots and see what the muzzle does. If it rises a little then drill an 1/8" hole on top and shoot some more. Enlarge it slightly until muzzle stays flat.
Pink_Vapor
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Pink_Vapor »

I wish ThunderBeast had a flash suppressor option, the two options are nice and quiet or deafening.
Hogan billet, Geissele SSA-E, 10" SS 300BLK McGowan, Seekins MSCR V2, NiB BCG, TBAC
Mega billet, 6.5 Grendel 18" SS McGowan, Geissele NM Hi Speed, NiB BCG, Magpul PRS, MCSR guard, TBAC :)